Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casey2008)
    The Coppice, floor 1, flat 10, room C.

I was so excited when I got my conformation.

hey, not far at all from me, im in flat 8 i'll probably c ya there...

ReputationRep:
    ahhh i really just wanna no which halls i am in noww...iv read so many threads where people ave ended up sharing a room with someone when they didn't even put it down as one of their choices! and i sent my accomodation form off last weds (recorded delivery) because i got a place through clearing and im scared that i will get a shared room or something which i really don't want...
    i didn't send it off that late did i? because they gave a deadline of september the 1st...what do u think?

ReputationRep:
    dont panic to much, they can sometimes be really slow to respond! i will say, if you prepair your self to share at worst then anything else will be a bonus! you can always put in a transfer request if you dont like what you get!
    smile x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geologistuk)
    hey hey,
    as of yet to be allocated to a room. odd that how everyone else seems to know what there rooms are appart from the subwardens! anyway, see you all around JF, and please for the sake of me and Tomber, try not to lock your selves out to often!! hehe!
    Sally x
    Ahh you're a JF subwarden too?

And nice to see you around again geologistuk!

ReputationRep:
    JF, Eaton Floor 3 :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    JF, Eaton Floor 3 :proud:
    Eaton Floor 4

Where are the rest of the Eatons :p:?

ReputationRep:
    Ok when did you all send off your applcation forms, and what type (e.g. recorded/ first class). I am still waiting on a response...

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine off on wednesday 20th aug...thts only because i got a place through clearing...i am also still waiting for a response......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Ahh you're a JF subwarden too?

And nice to see you around again geologistuk!

why yes, yes i am!! and thanks, nice to be back, been rather busy lately!!

if i remember rightly, i didnt get my reply about accommodation until september, so there is still time yet people, although, i admit, it was some time ago now!

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu-x)
    Eaton, floor 4, flat 10, room D!

Woo 4th floor baby
    4th floor is awesome (I was Leire, but meh) except for when/if the lift brakes. And you're moving your stuff out. Not fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetfloss)
    4th floor is awesome (I was Leire, but meh) except for when/if the lift brakes. And you're moving your stuff out. Not fun.
    How often does this happen? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu-x)
    How often does this happen? :eek:
    I think my block was fairly eventful. Only like, 3 times in the whole year. The last time was about 2 weeks before the end of summer, just when people were starting to move out and stuff. Basically someone kicked it in and they had to call the fire brigade. If I remember correctly it was the night of the summer ball, so much alcohol was involved, and basically they couldn't fix it because it needed a new part. Moving all my stuff down 4 flights of stairs wasn't fun, but easier than you'd expect

Edit: Actually, once I was in the lift when it broke and the guys had to force the door. There was too many of us in there, so I suppose it was our fault...

ReputationRep:
    Im in the coppice! Im happy i got Sel catered and en-suite, even tho its not in the pavillions owell!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how many sockets are there in JF pavillions (catered, ensuite) rooms? Also is there a noticeboard? Phone? Desk lamp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu-x)
    Can anyone tell me how many sockets are there in JF pavillions (catered, ensuite) rooms? Also is there a noticeboard? Phone? Desk lamp?
    Erm, 6? I used one extension cable for all my computery bits and never really ran out of sockets for the rest of my stuff haha.
    There were 2 in one corner where I set up my computer, 2 by my mirror at the other end of my desk and 2 by my bed. I would have thought all rooms would be similar (definitely having 2 by your desk, and 2 by your bed... not sure about the other 2!)

Yes there's a massive noticeboard, a phone (free room to room calls, but you need to buy credit to ring out. Incoming calls are fine, but it's an 0845 number). There isn't a desk lamp, but there is a small light by your bed so you can turn all the lights off and read a book in bed or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    free room to room calls
    This will be fun

ReputationRep:
    free room to room calls
    Haha, seriously!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu-x)
    This will be fun
    Yes! Get everyone's numbers written down. Useful AND fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    Haha, seriously!?
    Hell yes!

ReputationRep:
    you didnt know that Tom!! tut tut!! did you also know we get some of our calles payed for coz we are subbies!! muhahahaha!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.