Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetfloss)
    4th floor is awesome (I was Leire, but meh) except for when/if the lift brakes. And you're moving your stuff out. Not fun.
    Being the only block in JF I have actually been in, I too can attest for Leire's cool :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faery_Lights)
    Being the only block in JF I have actually been in, I too can attest for Leire's cool :p:
    Hell yeah :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the soundproofing is like in the blocks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    Does anyone know what the soundproofing is like in the blocks?
    Not great, but ok. Were you thinking of anything in particular?

ReputationRep:
    Not great, but ok. Were you thinking of anything in particular?
    Well a couple of things, playing guitar and music myself - and also the frequency that I'm going to get called out to resolve noise complaints :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well a couple of things, playing guitar and music myself - and also the frequency that I'm going to get called out to resolve noise complaints :p:
    Haha! I'm afraid noise complaints will be rife, especially during exam times.
    If the guitar is acoustic you should be fine (especially as you're in a self contained flat by yourself) and music should be fine too

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I'm afraid noise complaints will be rife, especially during exam times.
    If the guitar is acoustic you should be fine (especially as you're in a self contained flat by yourself) and music should be fine too
    Haha, oh goody. Good job I don't have exams myself. I have an acoustic and electric guitar, so I'll play it by ear (pun)

Have you seen to subwarden accommodation in JFH? What's it like? Are they in random blocks or is there a subwarden in every block?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, oh goody. Good job I don't have exams myself. I have an acoustic and electric guitar, so I'll play it by ear (pun)

Have you seen to subwarden accommodation in JFH? What's it like? Are they in random blocks or is there a subwarden in every block?
    There's like a self contained flat in every few blocks. My subwarden was in the block next to mine (I was in Leire, they were in Medbourne, and they did Nosely too) in her own little flat. Never been inside it, but I'd assume it's similar to the flats, just with one bedroom?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Im in Medbourne floor 3 anyone else on this floor?

ReputationRep:
    Foxton floor 1 flat 3?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Allexton

ReputationRep:
    Huncote Unite!!!

When do the block wars start?

ReputationRep:
    Now :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu-x)
    Now :rant:
    Bring it....

:lockstock:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Allexton
    Seen your room yet?

ReputationRep:
    Seen your room yet?
    Nope, I've asked about it on facebook, but I'm not there yet - heard I was in Allexton via e mail this morning.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there are any pictures of John Foster hall anywhere?
    I would love to get a good nose-in before I get there.

ReputationRep:
    I know this might sound like a randomly stupid question, but does anyone know what colour the curtains are in the John Foster bedrooms?

I'd like to colour co-ordinate my room properly, its not about having green bedsheets with red curtains, how gay do I sound saying that? Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casey2008)
    Does anyone know if there are any pictures of John Foster hall anywhere?
    I would love to get a good nose-in before I get there.
    theres loads on the John Foster group on facebook http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20265436665

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Menace)
    I know this might sound like a randomly stupid question, but does anyone know what colour the curtains are in the John Foster bedrooms?

I'd like to colour co-ordinate my room properly, its not about having green bedsheets with red curtains, how gay do I sound saying that? Lol.
    It varies depending what block and flat you're in. Haha - sorry. My flat was blue (blue curtains and carpet) but there were green and red flats too. Which flat are you in?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.