Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A few years ago, I taught myself a few Muse songs on the piano but I recently heard Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody 2 so I thought it would be a nice challenge.

This is me playing the only part I can play every single note of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdvgjQlGODs

I can play most of the entire piece but I often take shortcuts cos my hands are too small.

Can anyone here play the whole thing?

ReputationRep:
    That's my favourite bit. I never did try that piece, but while I am at it, and sorry to be a pedant, but my piano teacher and piano playing family always told be to curve your fingers, since it is better for movement and more comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't learnt it (yet) but I've played around with a few parts. It's a very difficult, virtuosic piece.. for someone self-taught I would have imagined such a piece to be impossible to play (well), but if all the playing experience you've had is some Muse songs, I'd have to say I'm impressed. Try to get yours hands on a real piano, and a good teacher Good luck to you

ReputationRep:
    I love Liszt he's one of my favorite.

I've given this piece a go and realise how difficult it is, i've learnt it by ear though because i can't read music (ok, i can sort of read music, but i'm just really lazy and can't be bothered to learn properly).

At 0:23 in your video have you tried using alternating fingers for the continuous C sharps demi semi quavers that are played (or is it semi demi quavers? :confused: ) it may make the first passage a little smoother and also put less strain on your wrist which will certainly tell later on in the piece, although the way you play certainly works for you because you play it very well!

Also, pieces like this deserve the respect of an acoustic piano! :o:

Although who am i to say, I'm just an enthusiastic Amateur

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see Lang Lang play this on sunday.

He tends to vary his interpretation quite alot so I'll be interested to see how he plays it. I'll let you know!

I won't be able to learn this piece for at least another couple of years. I don't have the technique yet....a problem that Lang Lang obviously does not share with me.

ReputationRep:
    That's quite impressive really

Maybe you should consider getting lessons so you get some bass for technique so you can build on it and improve further.

I can play the cool bit in the second half of your vid, but I don't have enough patience/motivation to bother with the rest. Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone love No 2 so much? It's the one you find most on CDs...I love No. 6...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGYFq...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    Try No. 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elongar)
    Try No. 13
    I love them all!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.