Cerys Wilson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Are there any students (specifically studying medicine) who commute to Liverpool to take part in the University Air Squadron and is it plausible?
AscendingWings
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Cerys Wilson)
Are there any students (specifically studying medicine) who commute to Liverpool to take part in the University Air Squadron and is it plausible?
I'm sure there will be a few students who commute from Lancaster.

I know a few medic students, not at LUAS or Lancaster I'm afraid, but who thrive in the UAS. They find time but it's important that you can balance with university and the UAS and that is down to you.

Commuting will be supported, you may be provided public transport if you need to get to your training or your weekly town nights so it won't cost you normally. Either that, or someone from your area may commute and you can catch a ride with them. You'll also have options for accommodation, whether on base or at a friends house, because you will make friends, it's just an extended family at the UAS.

Best thing for you to do is to get in touch with LUAS and speak with them directly. They're active on their social media platforms and there is a contact on the RAF website.

Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.68%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (107)
21.15%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.87%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.34%

Watched Threads