ethomas258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
What is your favourite genre? Do you prefer a happy ending or a sad one? A male or female protagonist? Tell me all about your favourite book- why do you like it?

Also, if you want to buy my short story (only book not under a pseudonym!) it's May is Mine, (Emily Thomas) and can be bought through Amazon. Both Kindle edition and paperback are available today/
Last edited by ethomas258; 5 months ago
username5301604
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ethomas258)
What is your favourite genre? Do you prefer a happy ending or a sad one? A male or female protagonist? Tell me all about your favourite book- why do you like it?
- Thriller, Adventure, or science fiction.

- A mix of both.

- Does not really matter.

-Do not have one, but I usually like books that keep me on my feet, have plot twists, and great character development.
Last edited by username5301604; 5 months ago
Mr. Artois
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I would love to someday write a book, but my favourite genre is crime. I haven't got the time to write one yet, but hopefully one day I will make time. Anyway, I always think it is best to end it on a cliffhanger, regardless of how happy or sad it will be. I wish you all the best of luck.
ethomas258
Rep:
?
(Original post by Synergy_)
- Thriller, Adventure, or science fiction.

- A mix of both.

- Does not really matter.

-n Do not have one, but I usually like books that keep me on my feet, have plot twists, and great character development.
Oh wow, thank you! Slightly random, but do you have a preference on point of view?? 1st or third person??
username5301604
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Oh wow, thank you! Slightly random, but do you have a preference on point of view?? 1st or third person??
Yes! First-person
ethomas258
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr. Artois)
I would love to someday write a book, but my favourite genre is crime. I haven't got the time to write one yet, but hopefully one day I will make time. Anyway, I always think it is best to end it on a cliffhanger, regardless of how happy or sad it will be. I wish you all the best of luck.
I hope you get to write one! My books are all published under a pseudonym, as I wrote for love of writing, not for fame.
I have an idea for a crime series, but it has an underlay of romance. Would that be a problem for crime readers, do you think?
I agree, cliffhangers are good!
username5320968
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
No longer than 5 pages
ethomas258
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jarring)
No longer than 5 pages
That's a very long book 😂😂
ethomas258
Rep:
?
Yes! First-person
Prefect, thanks 😂
username5301604
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I hope you get to write one! My books are all published under a pseudonym, as I wrote for love of writing, not for fame.
I have an idea for a crime series, but it has an underlay of romance. Would that be a problem for crime readers, do you think?
Could you tell us what your pseudonym is so that we can check your books out? :rolleyes:
ethomas258
Rep:
?
Could you tell us what your pseudonym is so that we can check your books out? :rolleyes:
I would love to, but it's a pseudonym for a reason!!!!
I tell you what, once I've written the first book of my next series, I will post an anonymous message that says only my pseudonym, no other context. That way, if you notice it, great, if not, also fine. And if people see it, they will either know its from here, or they won't have a clue, and might just look it up. That way my identity (sort of) remains a secret.
Mr. Artois
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Every reader is different, so obviously I can't talk for everyone when I say that romance can help a crime series, but not on every occasion. I hope to read one of your books one day, I'm sure they would be interesting.
ethomas258
Rep:
?
Every reader is different, so obviously I can't talk for everyone when I say that romance can help a crime series, but not on every occasion. I hope to read one of your books one day, I'm sure they would be interesting.
Ah, okay! Well, I'll write it in, and hope for only the best! Thank you!
Mr. Artois
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ah, okay! Well, I'll write it in, and hope for only the best! Thank you!
Who knows maybe you'll become the next J.K Rowling, she wrote under a pseudonym when she penned The Cuckoo's Calling.
ethomas258
Rep:
?
Who knows maybe you'll become the next J.K Rowling, she wrote under a pseudonym when she penned The Cuckoo's Calling.
Yes, Robert Galbraith I believe. A good role model of mine actually. (Not that everything she says is good!) I also like Frances Hardinge, and Sarah J Maas, have you heard of those two?
Mr. Artois
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yes, Robert Galbraith I believe. A good role model of mine actually. (Not that everything she says is good!) I also like Frances Hardinge, and Sarah J Maas, have you heard of those two?
To be honest, I'm not much of a reader, I find reading books boring, which is weird because I love writing. That doesn't make a lot of sense I know, but that's just who I am. Those two other authors you mentioned, I have never heard about. But, I have heard of Stephen Fry and Stephen King.
ethomas258
Rep:
?
To be honest, I'm not much of a reader, I find reading books boring, which is weird because I love writing. That doesn't make a lot of sense I know, but that's just who I am. Those two other authors you mentioned, I have never heard about. But, I have heard of Stephen Fry and Stephen King.
They aren't exceedingly well known, but I adore their books!

I too, have heard of Stephen King, he's a very talented person, but I do wonder what goes on in his head to write such twisted horrors. But then, that is true of any horror novelist. Stephen Fry, I believe I know but cannot place where from.
Mr. Artois
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
They aren't exceedingly well known, but I adore their books!

I too, have heard of Stephen King, he's a very talented person, but I do wonder what goes on in his head to write such twisted horrors. But then, that is true of any horror novelist. Stephen Fry, I believe I know but cannot place where from.
I'm sure their books are interesting.

Believe me when I say, you'd soon change your thought about what goes on in King's mind, if you heard my crime stories, they're a little twisted. Fry is more of an actor than a writer, here is the link to his Wiki page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Fry
ethomas258
Rep:
?
I'm sure their books are interesting.

Believe me when I say, you'd soon change your thought about what goes on in King's mind, if you heard my crime stories, they're a little twisted. Fry is more of an actor than a writer, here is the link to his Wiki page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Fry
Guess I need to read your crime stories then!!
😂

Oh right!! Actor!!! Yeah, I know him now, thank yiu!!
Mr. Artois
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Guess I need to read your crime stories then!!
😂

Oh right!! Actor!!! Yeah, I know him now, thank yiu!!
I did used to publish them on a website called Wikia, which has since fallen in popularity. I use a website and an app called Wattpad, where other writers could give you advise and compliments.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (519)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (636)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.55%

Watched Threads