Results and Clearing 2020 - what do you need support with?

Watch
Poll: Results and Clearing 2020 - what would you need support with?
The process of Clearing and how it works (55)
13.19%
How to make the best choices in Clearing (29)
6.95%
Is deferring my place right for me (23)
5.52%
How Results Day will work (72)
17.27%
What I can and can't appeal in regards to calculated grades (70)
16.79%
How my grades are decided (72)
17.27%
What is happening with Autumn Exams (68)
16.31%
Concerns around accessing support from teachers/advisors on Results Day (26)
6.24%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
0.48%
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So in light of this year being different to previous years, with no exams, uncertainties around teaching and learning at unis and Clearing worries, what are you most concerned about?

For TSR Answers (a live video Q&A series we're running to support you with questions around your life, future and education) we want to do a special surround Results, Clearing and how we can support you on the build up to the day and on the day itself.

What would be useful for you to know, and what would you like to hear expert advice and support on?

Maybe you're concerned about uni admissions, or what the Autumn exam series will look like? Maybe you have some questions around what to do if your grades are much better or worse than you were expected, or what Clearing will look like this year?

Let us know by voting in the poll above and commenting about any specifics below!
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 1 month ago
ashestostardust
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How is results day likely to work? Will we still be coming into school? Could it go postal or be texted to us like they do in Scotland? How would social distancing work if the rules haven't been slackened by then?
etienne26
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashestostardust)
How is results day likely to work? Will we still be coming into school? Could it go postal or be texted to us like they do in Scotland? How would social distancing work if the rules haven't been slackened by then?
Depends on the school. For our school its all online and results will be posted on School Gateway. Teachers can be contacted via Google Meets regarding clearing and admissions (I know, it sucks having an such an emotional day taken away from you). In my sister's school, they are having their results in school in a socially distanced manner. However, this can all change very quickly depending on the circumstances in the coming weeks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (116)
25.49%
Better than expected (93)
20.44%
Worse than expected (246)
54.07%

Watched Threads