The Student Room Group

Applying again after dropping out

5 years ago I attended wolvo uni to study psychology. However due to bad circumstances I had to drop out, after 2 years. However, I’m hoping to study biology through open university in October. I’ve reapplied for student finance. I’m now a parent of an 18 month old in part time work, just want to better our future. What are the chances of me getting student finance?

Just to clarify, it would be a part time course

I’ve also read that if you have a child dependent, your fees are covered even if you have previous studies, I don’t know how true this is ... https://www.brightknowledge.org/money-housing/student-finance-if-you-re-going-back-to-uni
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by Bubbles132
Bump

Hi there, as you didn't gain a qualification you can receive part time funding at the Open University. The Open University is always classed as part time.

You can receive a Tuition Fee Loan only. No Maintenance Loan unless you have a disability that prevents you attending a physical university.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, as you didn't gain a qualification you can receive part time funding at the Open University. The Open University is always classed as part time.

You can receive a Tuition Fee Loan only. No Maintenance Loan unless you have a disability that prevents you attending a physical university.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac
Is that the tuition loan for the whole course, so for all 3-4 years of study?
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac

Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac

Original post by Bubbles132
Hi Isaac

Good morning, you can receive up to 16 years of part time funding.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest