Shemri8191
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to get into the travel and tourism/hospitality industry and hopefully start my own hotel or work with luxury businesses. I need to choose 3 subjects and I only have my mind set on travel and tourism L3 and A level business but don’t know what else to do as a third; any ideas?.
indieviolet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe Geography? It's well respected and covers the effects of tourism on different parts of the world which could be useful for your future career.
Shemri8191
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by indieviolet)
Maybe Geography? It's well respected and covers the effects of tourism on different parts of the world which could be useful for your future career.
Yeah I will definitely consider doing Geography
Thatmusician02
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’d also say geography is a good idea, or maybe something like sociology which could work well with your other ones while also being bit different?
L.E.A.H
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I suggests an A-Level in Business Studies as well if you are looking into starting your own hotel.
Studentlife04
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
definitely geography x
N. Auditoré
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shemri8191)
I want to get into the travel and tourism/hospitality industry and hopefully start my own hotel or work with luxury businesses. I need to choose 3 subjects and I only have my mind set on travel and tourism L3 and A level business but don’t know what else to do as a third; any ideas?.
Geography
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shemri8191)
Hi Shemri8191!

I'd definitely go for either Geography or maybe marketing. Obviously Geography makes a lot of sense to take but also, marketing is a super important part of starting a business!

Erin - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (210)
43.57%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.47%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
21.37%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (50)
10.37%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.6%

Watched Threads