The Student Room Group

2021 entry applicants - Netherlands universities

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kav.28
Hi there!! I’ve applied to Radboud University and on my my osiris portal it says that my admission decision has been made and that my decision announcement is in progress. However, it’s been like that for 2 days now. Should I email the admissions team?

I would wait for a week, then email them. But maybe during that time, you can search their website, as they will have detailed admission process described in individual steps. Therefore, you can find something about when do they announce their decisions.
Original post by nicoleannaa_
I hope I get at least one offer as Tilburg and Groningen IBA seem to be very competitive and I already applied to both of them :frown:Do you know if many kids got rejected from Groningen's IBA? I may look into choosing a safety school because my chances seem to be very low esp Groningen..I am getting very stressesed out haha

I don't know if numbers are known (I can't find them), but have you applied for non-Numerus Fixus also?
Original post by juststu-dying
I don't know if numbers are known (I can't find them), but have you applied for non-Numerus Fixus also?

Yes, I applied for IBA at Tilburg and its non-numerus fixus. Btw, I just got a conditional offer from Groningen’s Admission Office. From what I understand, as it is numerus fixus, I am still not one of the 550 applicants admitted yet as I will need to fulfill the additional faculty’s selection criteria. It’s all so complicated!! :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by nicoleannaa_
Yes, I applied for IBA at Tilburg and its non-numerus fixus. Btw, I just got a conditional offer from Groningen’s Admission Office. From what I understand, as it is numerus fixus, I am still not one of the 550 applicants admitted yet as I will need to fulfill the additional faculty’s selection criteria. It’s all so complicated!! :biggrin:

But that is good! :biggrin: It is very complicated, at least you'll get into IBA at Tilburg (as long as you meet their requirements) and have gotten a conditional (for now) offer from Groningen! That's really nice :smile:
Hi! I have a quick question, for the CV that many Dutch unis require, should we add a picture or not?
Original post by VanillaCream
Hi! I have a quick question, for the CV that many Dutch unis require, should we add a picture or not?

I don't see a reason why they would need it :smile:
Reply 86
Hi guys! Has anyone applied for a Masters in Groningen?
I have been accepted there to study MA Journalism!

Quite excited but wish there was more info about the course.
Original post by Catsarepurrfect
I don't see a reason why they would need it :smile:

okay, I just saw this place to add a pic on europass and thought that like for a job CV, you add it usually, but it's good if it's not necessary
thanks!
Original post by kellyjk
Hi guys! Has anyone applied for a Masters in Groningen?
I have been accepted there to study MA Journalism!

Quite excited but wish there was more info about the course.

I do my Bachelor at Groningen. Have you checked Ocasys? It gives descriptions of courses, so that might be useful! :smile:
heyy, I have one more question about the CV (yes, I am probably worrying about this too much ahah), could someone tell me how long their CV is, in terms of pages?
heyy, I have one more question about the CV (yes, I am probably worrying about this too much ahah), could someone tell me how long their CV is, in terms of pages?

I have just one page, and it isn't even full
Hey, I am from India and I have applied for a ResMa in Behavioural and Social Sciences in Groningen, Child Development and Education in UvA, and Developmental Psychopathology in Education and Child Studies in Leiden. Which one would you deem best? You don't have to compare the courses, but you can tell me which university treats international students better and provides with sufficient prospects after the program has finished.

I have 1 and a half and I am applying for masters
hi all (:

I have an interview scheduled with Erasmus University College next Monday - and I want to know what I should wear. Do they expect us to be more smart or more casual? or somewhere in between...?

thanks!
Original post by a-fLaw-student
hi all (:

I have an interview scheduled with Erasmus University College next Monday - and I want to know what I should wear. Do they expect us to be more smart or more casual? or somewhere in between...?

thanks!

I would say if you are a woman, take neutral dress, nearly knee length, you cannot go wrong with that. Or blouse and a skirt. If you are a man, i think shirt and some formal pants or whatever they are called in English should be enough, maybe a blazer or something similar if you have one. The thing is, i don't think anybody expects you to wear a full suit/fancy dress, and i guess you don't want to go there in a t-shirt and old jeans. I would say imagine it is a job interview.
Original post by a-fLaw-student
hi all (:

thanks!

I agree with Cats! Something smart, but also comfortable enough that you're ok with it and feel confident in it. :smile: As said, in the end, it's your impression that counts, the clothes are only a small thing in the complete picture.
hi! thank you! :smile:
did you get any response? I'm not sure how it works with the UCs, and is it like if you applied for Social Sciences, can you still choose some e.g. Life Sciences courses or if you chose this, you can only choose from those? I think it's different in some UCs so I'm not sure

Omg I'm so sorry!! The last month has been crazy. I actually got into AUC finally and am officially going next year!!
And yeah, you are actually ENCOURAGED to do other discipline's courses... as long as you finish the requirements for your desired track.
Original post by marfitoes
Omg I'm so sorry!! The last month has been crazy. I actually got into AUC finally and am officially going next year!!
And yeah, you are actually ENCOURAGED to do other discipline's courses... as long as you finish the requirements for your desired track.

okay, thanks! I'm just finishing my application and one short thing, do you have to apply via studielink as well or only their online platform (Embark)? because I couldn't find AUC in studielink
Reply 98
okay, thanks! I'm just finishing my application and one short thing, do you have to apply via studielink as well or only their online platform (Embark)? because I couldn't find AUC in studielink

Hi, you have to apply via studielink as well. Try searching for liberal arts and sciences.
Reply 99
Hello!

On the portal for Leiden University, the status of my application is "Under Consideration Adm. Office". Any idea how much more time will it take for them to get back to me with the decision?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending