Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've wanted a classic mini for as long as I could remember, and as I'm almost seventeen, I've been bugging my parents about getting one for ages. I've got some inheritance money, money saved from working and then I asked my parents if they'd pay the rest as a christmas/birthday/results present.

They've always just laughed at me and I never though they were taking me seriously - until yesterday! I came home from school after getting my results on a complete high, and I honestly didn't think my day could get much better. That was, until I saw this in the driveway;

It's a 1993 Mini Cooper, with a 1.4 litre engine (and a TARDIS air freshener ). I've named it Bert. It is the most completely, awesome, amazing thing I have ever seen and I love it to bits

It needs a few things doing to it - new carpets on the inside, new seatbelts, a bit of paint work and possibly a new radiator - but nothing too major.

So yeah, I just thought I'd share my complete and utter joy with you all, haha. Now all I have to do is actually learn to drive it!

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you look after body work on old minis as they tend to rust quite easily

ReputationRep:
    Ace

Look after it - it looks nice

ReputationRep:
    What an awesome present!
    If you ever get any problems give me a shout.
    A friend of mine has a mini on a H plate, he's currently building an electronic ignition system for it!!...then again he could strip down and rebuild his mini with his eyes closed, whilst asleep in zero gravity :p:

Proper good British cars!

ReputationRep:
    Cracking car. Love it

ReputationRep:
    Thats quality.

ReputationRep:
    A proper mini :gthumb: Looks great :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Looks lovely.
    Everyone should drive a car with an A series at some point in their life.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.