Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's a Jewish custom to donate 10% of your money to charity... My sister and I decided to donate it (birthday money and investment money...) to a cancer org (since she is suffering from cancer...)
    Where would you donate it to?

ReputationRep:
    Cancer Research UK?

ReputationRep:
    Well as the TSR base is largely a UK demographic, most people will be suggesting Cancer Research UK or Marie Curie Cancer Care or something..

use google to find some US charities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Cancer Research UK?
    I was thinking of a smaller org where $2,000 would REALLY make a diff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    Well as the TSR base is largely a UK demographic, most people will be suggesting Cancer Research UK or Marie Curie Cancer Care or something..

use google to find some US charities?
    I'm not against giving the money to a UK charity...

ReputationRep:
    Why not donate it to the hospital or ward which has provided your sister with treatment etc? We did this with money donated at my grandmother's funeral.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123monster)
    I was thinking of a smaller org where $2,000 would REALLY make a diff...
    Equally though, a larger organisation might have more research facilities and be able to use the $2000 better than a smaller one.

I like Cancer Research UK

ReputationRep:
    TBH Cancer Research UK get a HELL of a lot of donations, personally I'd look to other smaller charities that actually need that kind of money, so more like Marie Curie, or a local hospice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    TBH Cancer Research UK get a HELL of a lot of donations, personally I'd look to other smaller charities that actually need that kind of money, so more like Marie Curie, or a local hospice?
    yeah... I thought that too of cancer research... and in a way I rather directly help an underprivileged cancer victim... my parents donated a more significant amount to the make a wish foundation... I'm thinking of something along those lines...

ReputationRep:
    OK... I donated it to Chai Lifeline- fighting illness with love.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.