The Student Room Group

worried about a blister

i have two blisters which have not gone away in weeks. what should i do?
I always just pop them. I know some people recommend against doing that because apparently it can get infected, but I've been popping my blisters all my life and nothing ever happened.

I use a sewing needle and hold it under a flame for a couple of seconds, to disinfect it. Then I wait until it's cold again, and I just pop the blister. I soak up the liquid with a tissue and that's that.

I usually don't wear socks after and don't put a band aid on, so that the blister can dry out and breathe
Original post by Anonymous
I always just pop them. I know some people recommend against doing that because apparently it can get infected, but I've been popping my blisters all my life and nothing ever happened.

I use a sewing needle and hold it under a flame for a couple of seconds, to disinfect it. Then I wait until it's cold again, and I just pop the blister. I soak up the liquid with a tissue and that's that.

I usually don't wear socks after and don't put a band aid on, so that the blister can dry out and breathe

this is what it looks like, sorry if this is gross BC14F5D1-DA2B-495F-BBEA-FEF9BDC94379.jpg.jpeg451892D8-7A67-4300-B61D-962A68AC9F20.jpg.jpeg
your toe looks like it could have pus in it, I'd pop it x
Original post by sparklyunicornxo
this is what it looks like, sorry if this is gross BC14F5D1-DA2B-495F-BBEA-FEF9BDC94379.jpg.jpeg451892D8-7A67-4300-B61D-962A68AC9F20.jpg.jpeg

I'd still pop it. And then put some tea tree oil on top of it, to disinfect the wound. Make sure you get all the liquid/pus out
Original post by Leahtaylor125
your toe looks like it could have pus in it, I'd pop it x

thank you X
Reply 6
yikes why do you cut your fingernail so low??
Original post by saskiax
yikes why do you cut your fingernail so low??

i bite my nails
i bite my nails

yea stop doing that lol
it's not healthy
Original post by Anonymous
yea stop doing that lol
it's not healthy

i wil
Reply 10
i have two blisters which have not gone away in weeks. what should i do?

Ouch! Blisters are a real son of a gun... Hope you feel Better soon. :hugs:

Also, this website should help: https://www.healthline.com/health/infected-blister
Original post by Braces
Ouch! Blisters are a real son of a gun... Hope you feel Better soon. :hugs:

Also, this website should help: https://www.healthline.com/health/infected-blister

i think it’s a cyst but thank u x

Quick Reply

Latest