Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know theres a similar thread out there but im kinda worried if I will be able to even get into a medical university with my grades. And I havnt taken my A Levels yet and I know thats what Unis predominantly look at but I want a rough view of what I can realistically aim for. I have been told my grades are good but seeing who Unis choose are those with either all A* or mostly A*/A grades.. And in Advance thank you, cause this will mean that I can realistically think about how and what I do. For AS I plan to take Economics,Biology,Chemistry and Maths and plan to keep the same four to the second year.
    My GCSE results are:
    Science: A
    Additional Science: A*
    English Language: B
    English lit: A
    Business Studies: B
    Maths: A
    Geography: A
    Religous Studies: A
    ICT: C
    German: D

ReputationRep:
    stop stop no more

ReputationRep:
    btw, just out of curiosity, what do you think the "bad" medical schools are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    btw, just out of curiosity, what do you think the "bad" medical schools are?
    ****s sake, yeah they're fine. GCSEs aren't that important anyway.

ReputationRep:
    well what i meant by "good" are those that have a reputation for academic success

ReputationRep:
    *Says standard medicine mantra*
    There's no such thing as a 'bad' medical school. All medical schools are accredited by the GMC. Oddly enough, I was about to annoy all the med students and start the same type of thread... *walks away whistling*

I'm moving this to the applications forum, but you really should focus on your AS levels and see where you stand this time next year. While GCSEs help you get into university, they are by no means the be all or end all; focus more on getting good grades next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodybuilder22)
    ****s sake, yeah they're fine. GCSEs aren't that important anyway.
    yeah ok, but why did you quote me :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tharan08)
    well what i meant by "good" are those that have a reputation for academic success
    and which medical schools don't have a 'good reputation for academic success' then?

ReputationRep:
    oo crap nah i didnt mean it like that.. all i meant by "good" were those that have well known succes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    *Says standard medicine mantra*
    There's no such thing as a 'bad' medical school. All medical schools are accredited by the GMC. Oddly enough, I was about to annoy all the med students and start the same type of thread... *walks away whistling*
    omgzzz ... you've realised how silly that statement is from such an early age, fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    I know theres a similar thread out there but im kinda worried if I will be able to even get into a "Good" medical university with my grades. And I havnt taken my A Levels yet and I know thats what Unis predominantly look at but I want a rough view of what I can realistically aim for. I have been told my grades are good but seeing who Unis choose are those with either all A* or mostly A*/A grades.. And in Advance thank you, cause this will mean that I can realistically think about how and what I do. For AS I plan to take Economics,Biology,Chemistry and Maths and plan to keep the same four to the second year.
    My GCSE results are:
    Science: A
    Additional Science: A*
    English Language: B
    English lit: A
    Business Studies: B
    Maths: A
    Geography: A
    Religous Studies: A
    ICT: C
    German: D
    And OP your grades are better than mine. I got 2A*s, 3As, 3Bs and 3Cs so if anything I should be more worried than you... *gulps*
    *Goes to start a thread* :no:

ReputationRep:
    AAAGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE READ THIS THREAD!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    oo crap nah i didnt mean it like that.. all i meant by "good" were those that have well known succes
    dont be phased by these communists...tell us which ones you consdier good, and which ones you consider bad.

ReputationRep:
    i thought AS levels are much more important!

i didnt do amazing in my gcse's, and i wanna go Cambridge. so im focusing up for AS and A levels, i am going to that place, nothing will stop me!

ReputationRep:
    I think ive pissed some people off by choosing the wrong words like "good" n i kinda see why but all i want to know is what med school can i aim for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gradu)
    i thought AS levels are much more important!

i didnt do amazing in my gcse's, and i wanna go Cambridge. so im focusing up for AS and A levels, i am going to that place, nothing will stop me!
    You go girl/boy! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Its difficult to say...

I think that Bham and Oxford are out tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I think ive pissed some people off by choosing the wrong words like "good" n i kinda see why but all i want to know is what med school can i aim for.
    Don't worry, we all know what you meant. I was being pedantic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)
    I'm moving this to the applications forum, but you really should focus on your AS levels and see where you stand this time next year. While GCSEs help you get into university, they are by no means the be all or end all; focus more on getting good grades next year.
    I echo Suuuseh. You could have got all A*s this year but if u get DDDD at AS you won't be getting into 'good' unis. Your GCSEs are good so focus on getting the best you can at AS and then think about where you can aim.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.