Turn on thread page Beta

Basically, my best friend of 10 years has just left his job in London and moved back up North, and despite not seeing him for a month he hasn't contacted me, so I went round to his house and asked him he wanted to go out and he said no, and he cut the conversation short abruptly and said he was going back in, and basically there was no spark in the conversation where we used to have good banter. I go to uni in September, do I cut all ties with this guy or persevere with him?

ReputationRep:
    Basically, whilst he was local he thought one day maybe you two could become sex buddies. Now he's up norf, he doesnt give two hoot about you or your ten year friendship.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, sounds like maybe he's annoyed with you about something. Maybe you should try to talk to him and ask him if anything's wrong. It sounds like it's worth persevering as you've been friends for ten years. But if he obviously doesn't want to see or talk to you then there probably isn't much you can do.

ReputationRep:
    Try to talk to him one more time, maybe ask why he's acting distant. If he gives a reasonable answer then go from there but if he still acts like an arse then leave it at that. Ten years is a long time understandably but if he's been funny with you for no reason then there's not much you can do.

ReputationRep:
    If you have been friend's for 10 years you should be comfortable talking to him about it.

Maybe it was just a bad day and he was stressed about something else. There is no point abandoning a good friendship because of lack of communication. Just talk to him.

ReputationRep:
    Yep as most people have mentioned talk to him. You might want to wait a bit and see if he approaches you instead after a while... maybe theres something thats troubling him perhaps? See what happens its worth trying with him. Good luck and i hope it works out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.