Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so because the powers that be put me in Oxley this year (which as lovely as it is, is quite a bit from campus) I need to get some kind of travelcard. So is there anything apart from this Student Plus MetroCard thing available? Because thats gonna be about 720 quid for the year, which is alot of money (ok, so even an 8 month one for term time is pushing 500) so is there anything else I can get thats not as pricy but still gets me about?

Thanks for all feedback

ReputationRep:
    There is a First Card which is a lot less than that im sure. You can find out more on the First Buses website, under Students. x

ReputationRep:
    the first student term card thingy is £317, but still a LOT of money (I got put in Boddington, so comparatively you should count yourself lucky )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tompark)
    Ok, so because the powers that be put me in Oxley this year (which as lovely as it is, is quite a bit from campus) I need to get some kind of travelcard. So is there anything apart from this Student Plus MetroCard thing available? Because thats gonna be about 720 quid for the year, which is alot of money (ok, so even an 8 month one for term time is pushing 500) so is there anything else I can get thats not as pricy but still gets me about?

Thanks for all feedback
    YOU CAN ALWAYS WALK, OR BUY A BIKE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scollins)
    YOU CAN ALWAYS WALK, OR BUY A BIKE
    you could always turn your caplocks off :rolleyes:

nah, apparently its an hour and a half walk, which I cba to do at least twice a day

ReputationRep:
    Theres the free city bus but I dont know if that goes to Oxley?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't. Clue's in the name: CITY bus.

The term bus pass was only about £100ish when I was in Oxley, just get that. You'll use the bus all the time for nights out etc anyway so it'll pay for itself, and they put them up for sale when you get your loan instalments so it's all sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you need to get the student year-long bus pass, which is about £300 for the whole year but you'll easily get your money's worth from it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.