The Student Room Group

Grade 5 in physics can I get A in A level

So am not sure what my teacher are going to predict me .i choose to do higher paper .my teacher didn’t really think I could then after we done some test I think she saw am working and could do higher paper and she ask if I was doing higher paper I said yes so not sure what that mean by asking me that . That was a quick summary My question is to said can I get A in A level if I take it as physics a level I like maths and I think am getting a grade 6 i don’t normally read the question properly that what my grades are down but I i started to focus and started getting higher marks now because of lockdown am trying to be fluent in physics .am not sure what’s going to happen about my results I hope I pass all my subject
Original post by Saha192
So am not sure what my teacher are going to predict me .i choose to do higher paper .my teacher didn’t really think I could then after we done some test I think she saw am working and could do higher paper and she ask if I was doing higher paper I said yes so not sure what that mean by asking me that . That was a quick summary My question is to said can I get A in A level if I take it as physics a level I like maths and I think am getting a grade 6 i don’t normally read the question properly that what my grades are down but I i started to focus and started getting higher marks now because of lockdown am trying to be fluent in physics .am not sure what’s going to happen about my results I hope I pass all my subject

Any grade is possible if you believe you can and work hard for it. A levels are all about mark schemes unfortunately, learning the exam technique is very important, just as important if not more so than learning the content. Start revising early, right from the start just a little each day/week to your preference, practice practice practice past questions!
Thank you I am thinking on doing Lipitor by little then maybe increasing my pace so I get more work done and working effectively ❤️
If you put the work in it’s definitely possible, from the start of year 12 make sure that you are making notes and constantly recapping the content so you don’t forget anything, physics and maths tutor is a great website with loads of notes and practice questions which I’m sure you’ll find helpful, make sure that you understand everything and if you don’t you need to ask your teacher to explain straight away, you will cover content too fast to get away with not understanding things in lesson, the only thing is, with a grade 5 you may not be able to study physics because at all the schools I know of you need at least a 6 to study it but I’m sure you will be fine especially with the current situation as schools may be more lenient, it’s definitely possible, I know people who got 6s at GCSE who got a*s at a level and people who got 9s who only got Cs so it’s really about worth ethic at a level, I’m sure you’ll do great because you obviously care a lot about it, good luck :smile:
Thank you so much that really helps and giving me hope . Like I said am not really sure if am getting a grade 5 I might be getting lower or higher then that I hope they do resits so I could really take that gsce if I do have bad results hopefully that shouldn’t happen . Aslo yes I need a grade 6 thas why I choose the higher paper . ❤️❤️❤️
Original post by Emily~3695
If you put the work in it’s definitely possible, from the start of year 12 make sure that you are making notes and constantly recapping the content so you don’t forget anything, physics and maths tutor is a great website with loads of notes and practice questions which I’m sure you’ll find helpful, make sure that you understand everything and if you don’t you need to ask your teacher to explain straight away, you will cover content too fast to get away with not understanding things in lesson, the only thing is, with a grade 5 you may not be able to study physics because at all the schools I know of you need at least a 6 to study it but I’m sure you will be fine especially with the current situation as schools may be more lenient, it’s definitely possible, I know people who got 6s at GCSE who got a*s at a level and people who got 9s who only got Cs so it’s really about worth ethic at a level, I’m sure you’ll do great because you obviously care a lot about it, good luck :smile:

definitely agree with this. Working hard is essential. I would recommend doing something like the night before every lesson, read through the textbooks/worksheets/online notes on the topic. Make sure you pay attention and understand the basics at least. Then, during the lesson, when the teacher is going over the stuff in more detail, it will help you to understand the topic even more and if you still have questions, you can clear them up during that class. This will prevent what usually happens with people; they go into class completely clueless and come out confused about something and think they will ask the questions later on but then forget about it until its finals prep time and they suddenly remember they never asked the teachers what they wanted to and now have no clue how to study for those topics. Then, when you get home, go over everything, especially the new stuff your teacher taught you.
This is basically what I call the 3 time routine. You study the topic by yourself, so the repeat in class will feel like revision and then revise again at home the same day to allow it to really stick the concepts in your head. Going over everything you took in a week over the weekend will be another plus.

Hope it helps :P
Thank you so much I will consider doing this routine really useful it should increase my knowledge the topic not only will it help with physics but all my subjects thankfully now we can focus on 3-4 a level then 7 subjects ❤️❤️❤️

Quick Reply

Latest