Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Been on the job hunt for ages now. Applied for Aldi today not expecting to hear anything back, 1 hour later they email me to do a pre recorded interview. I’ve never done a video interview before and the app was new to me, so I spent quite a bit of time doing practice questions to get used to the process. Well, nerves got the best of me and I didn’t even answer the first question as I didn’t even know it was recording! Then, I fumbled at the end of my second question and even sighed just from the frustration of applying for so many jobs and messing up the questions- that doesn’t look good! I managed to pull it together for the final two questions but still feel my answers could’ve been better. Worst thing is, first question was my name and preferred store and cause I missed the recording window, they don’t even know who I am! I literally thought I couldn’t get any worse at interviews :/ there were only 4 questions so 2/4 answers were ok, the other one wasn’t even an answer and the other I fumbled. Does anyone think that Aldi would understand? I personally feel like a daft cow. I had plenty of time to get used to the app, I had 5 days to record interview but nooo, i was so excited they contacted me so quickly that I screwed up. It was perfect as well, close store, £9 an hour, 25 hours a week. Shoot me now.
heyitsmika
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous17!)
Been on the job hunt for ages now. Applied for Aldi today not expecting to hear anything back, 1 hour later they email me to do a pre recorded interview. I’ve never done a video interview before and the app was new to me, so I spent quite a bit of time doing practice questions to get used to the process. Well, nerves got the best of me and I didn’t even answer the first question as I didn’t even know it was recording! Then, I fumbled at the end of my second question and even sighed just from the frustration of applying for so many jobs and messing up the questions- that doesn’t look good! I managed to pull it together for the final two questions but still feel my answers could’ve been better. Worst thing is, first question was my name and preferred store and cause I missed the recording window, they don’t even know who I am! I literally thought I couldn’t get any worse at interviews :/ there were only 4 questions so 2/4 answers were ok, the other one wasn’t even an answer and the other I fumbled. Does anyone think that Aldi would understand? I personally feel like a daft cow. I had plenty of time to get used to the app, I had 5 days to record interview but nooo, i was so excited they contacted me so quickly that I screwed up. It was perfect as well, close store, £9 an hour, 25 hours a week. Shoot me now.
Maybe e-mail them or ring them up and explain the situation. Just say that you accidentally didn't notice that it was recording and so you missed the question, and if there was any way to re-do the first two questions or something
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
(Original post by heyitsmika)
Maybe e-mail them or ring them up and explain the situation. Just say that you accidentally didn't notice that it was recording and so you missed the question, and if there was any way to re-do the first two questions or something
I guess I could call up and explain but there’s no way to re do the other questions. Aldi even states that you can only complete the questions once. Also, I had plenty of time to prepare and was just over eager and nervous. I’ve just found some other local Aldi stores that are recruiting anyway, I’m just concerned that they won’t respond as quickly as this one did. Hopefully they will and fingers crossed i get another shot at the video interview, and the one I just did isn’t used automatically for all stores...that would be terrible. Thanks for the advice though
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is a new style of interviewing and you can be sure if you’re having difficulties others will be too, ever if there was a while to prepare. So don’t be so hard on yourself. Also interview success typically doesn’t come immediately, it takes a bit of practice and some luck. When I was job hunting a while back a recruiter told me that job hunters typically attend 7 interviews before getting an offer. I was quite chuffed then when I got a good job after 4 interviews. If you’re enthusiastic about Aldi and don’t get an offer this time keep trying. There is high demand in retail and in my experience showing enthusiasm for the role is half the battle.
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
This is a new style of interviewing and you can be sure if you’re having difficulties others will be too, ever if there was a while to prepare. So don’t be so hard on yourself. Also interview success typically doesn’t come immediately, it takes a bit of practice and some luck. When I was job hunting a while back a recruiter told me that job hunters typically attend 7 interviews before getting an offer. I was quite chuffed then when I got a good job after 4 interviews. If you’re enthusiastic about Aldi and don’t get an offer this time keep trying. There is high demand in retail and in my experience showing enthusiasm for the role is half the battle.
I’ve been on the job hunt for about 2 years now but in bits. Sept-Dec 2018, summer of last year and then from early March-now this year. I’ve attended a number of interviews and will say I have improved on my technique a lot but one way or another, have never gotten an offer because someone has more experience, I was a student so wasn’t fully flexible even though their job ads said that they could work around this, someone lived closer was even one reason I heard after a rejection. Well, now I’m just exhausted and really anxious about these mistakes because now I’m fully flexible, won’t be going into education in September, I have my own car and I have a handful of experience (6 months). They replied so quickly and then bam, I just fumbled. I’m sure other people have had difficulties but I honestly just don’t feel too good about this. My answers could’ve been better and I’ve been to enough interviews now to know that I haven’t done well. Thanks though
Cian12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

What questions were asked of during the video interview?
Many thanks
Cian
Willp63
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m so glad I found this post, I did something very similar in my pre recorded video on Monday, so you’re not alone. I was so excited that they got back to me that I just went straight ahead with it, I fumbled the first two questions then managed to hold it together for the next 3. I think a lot of people will be in similar situations to us, as these video interviews are a bit terrifying! I prefer face to face interviews, I received an email straight after to say they got my video interview and there there was a feedback form so I just explained that I came across as nervous and this whole video interview is very new to me (I just hope they understand)
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willp63)
I’m so glad I found this post, I did something very similar in my pre recorded video on Monday, so you’re not alone. I was so excited that they got back to me that I just went straight ahead with it, I fumbled the first two questions then managed to hold it together for the next 3. I think a lot of people will be in similar situations to us, as these video interviews are a bit terrifying! I prefer face to face interviews, I received an email straight after to say they got my video interview and there there was a feedback form so I just explained that I came across as nervous and this whole video interview is very new to me (I just hope they understand)
Well the bad news is I got rejected from the first store I applied to but then I withdrew that application, applied again and they use the same video and I got passed it and made it to face to face. But then I got rejected hope you get the job though and make it to the interview stage!
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cian12)
Hi

What questions were asked of during the video interview?
Many thanks
Cian
Hi, sorry. Hope this isn’t too late but I think it was (in no order):
1. State name and preferred store
2. What transferable skills do you?
3. Why Aldi?
4. What can you bring to the team/why should we hire you?

Good luck 😉
danielhad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi thanks for that, whereabouts are you based? I heard the questions are different depending on your region...
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
(Original post by danielhad)
Hi thanks for that, whereabouts are you based? I heard the questions are different depending on your region...
Mine was for a store in the goldthorpe region
beckyjanera
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi! i’m planning on doing my video interview tomorrow for a customer assistant and i’m super nervous. was wondering if you could let me know what the questions are because i’m drowning in my revision for it and i’m really not sure what to fully prepare for. thank you!
Naumana
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I’ve just done the interview from what I can remember there were four questions 1- name and which store u are applying for2- describe a time when u have received or provided good customer service and why it is important 3 - what skills do u have from previous work experience 4 - why do u want to work at Aldi All are 60 seconds The first question is just name and store U have about 60 seconds to read the question and quickly make an answer ready in ur head and it automatically starts recording after 60 seconds or you can start the answer straight away. For the skills just name a few and why it is important honestly u don’t have ages to talk 60 seconds go so quick Good luck.
zarstar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi, i hav my video interview to do and ive been doing a bit of research into questions they might ask and i was thinking if the first question is just name and preferred store and u hav 60 seconds, what do u do for the rest of the time as surely it only takes like 10 seconds to answer lmao
Naumana
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zarstar)
hi, i hav my video interview to do and ive been doing a bit of research into questions they might ask and i was thinking if the first question is just name and preferred store and u hav 60 seconds, what do u do for the rest of the time as surely it only takes like 10 seconds to answer lmao
There’s button on the screen to end the recording when u finished with ur answer so if ur finish ur answer in like 30 sec just press the button and it will take U to the next question hope that makes sense
1st superstar
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Guys please don't ask for or share interview questions it goes against TSR rules.
uniquenamedone
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I just did the same thing yesterday! It's terrible as the practice question put the video on but the interview doesn't!
uniquenamedone
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I just did the same thing yesterday! It's terrible as the practice question put the video on but the interview doesn't!
Izzy8424
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
They literally gave me 30 secs to answer each question 😭I barely had enough time to prove myself
Becky__36
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I submitted 2 weeks ago now and heard nothing back, what about other people?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed