Turn on thread page Beta

St George's Physio Blog - 2nd Year watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that Zak - I'm glad someone's reading them!

To be honest I haven't written as much as I'd hoped this year. Looking back I noticed that Jackie's blog dropped off in the second year too. I think it was just a case of being incredibly busy.

It's been an odd year. One thing I didn't mention above was when we went back in to help the first year's revise on the weekend before the exam. This was an unofficial event that's got to be a bit of a regular occurrence, and the third years have done it for us. It's built into the culture there, at least on our course. Not everyone does it, but I for one was happy to do it, even though I could have doen with some more rest.

I had a fabulous weekend. Bear in mind that the guys we're helping out are where we were last year. It made me realise just how far we'd come in that year. I'd suddenly find myself saying something and thinking of all sorts of bits of evidence and thoughts linked to it. A lot has become automatic that was previously a bit fumbly. Granted I had to go away and look up some stuff that I hadn't done for a while, but a lot of it is really engrained. You just become more aware of what you're doing, of your posture, of bed height, and so on. I think that placement has a lot to do with that.

One week into the holidays and I'm just starting to feel human again(!!), although I do want to do some pre-reading for my next placement (not that I'll know what that is for a few more weeks). It's weird at the moment as the nurses (I think) and medics still have exams to do, so there's still stuff going on there, although it wasn't as busy as the last time I was in. It's weird to think that I'll be a third year when I go back, that the people I met on my open day have now just graduated, and that we'll have a load of new fresh faces joining us in about ten weeks, hopefully including some people from TSR. It's been a tough year, but I think I've really learnt a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I too am an avid reader of your blog matey - good to get a bit of an insight into what is coming. I will be one of the (not so) fresh faces joining you in 10 weeks as my application is now unconditional, so I am definitely coming! Thanks for the reply to the PM, very useful as ever. It's a strange feeling going back to university, but with that little bit of trepidation comes a heck of a lot of excitement. Counting down the days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainmacn)
    Thanks for that Zak - I'm glad someone's reading them!

To be honest I haven't written as much as I'd hoped this year. Looking back I noticed that Jackie's blog dropped off in the second year too. I think it was just a case of being incredibly busy.

It's been an odd year. One thing I didn't mention above was when we went back in to help the first year's revise on the weekend before the exam. This was an unofficial event that's got to be a bit of a regular occurrence, and the third years have done it for us. It's built into the culture there, at least on our course. Not everyone does it, but I for one was happy to do it, even though I could have doen with some more rest.

I had a fabulous weekend. Bear in mind that the guys we're helping out are where we were last year. It made me realise just how far we'd come in that year. I'd suddenly find myself saying something and thinking of all sorts of bits of evidence and thoughts linked to it. A lot has become automatic that was previously a bit fumbly. Granted I had to go away and look up some stuff that I hadn't done for a while, but a lot of it is really engrained. You just become more aware of what you're doing, of your posture, of bed height, and so on. I think that placement has a lot to do with that.

One week into the holidays and I'm just starting to feel human again(!!), although I do want to do some pre-reading for my next placement (not that I'll know what that is for a few more weeks). It's weird at the moment as the nurses (I think) and medics still have exams to do, so there's still stuff going on there, although it wasn't as busy as the last time I was in. It's weird to think that I'll be a third year when I go back, that the people I met on my open day have now just graduated, and that we'll have a load of new fresh faces joining us in about ten weeks, hopefully including some people from TSR. It's been a tough year, but I think I've really learnt a lot.

You welcome iainmacn you never know you might see me at your university next year thats if you still there.I am sure u will be.You be in your third year wont u?I seem to read somewhere that some universities have nursing student share PBL with other health professional students?is this correct iainmacn
    let me know

ReputationRep:
    Hi Zak!

I'll be there next year, and at George's (and possibly elsewhere too) nursing students do some sessions with physios, radiographers too, although not PBL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainmacn)
    Hi Zak!

I'll be there next year, and at George's (and possibly elsewhere too) nursing students do some sessions with physios, radiographers too, although not PBL.
    Oh right hope to see you there iainmacn thats if i do decide to apply to St Georges been told there is a short entrance test before interview thats if i got short listed lol:yep:

ReputationRep:
    No entrance test matey. You send off your UCAS stuff, they either invite you to interview or don't, you either pass the interview or don't and therefore you either get a place or don't!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 9, 2009

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.