The Student Room Group

how would you respond

Thank you for the hoodie issue sorted- do you know how much the price will be and how I have to pay?

Also I think it’s best if I say the issue with the iPad- it’s really good and at the moment I’m trying to do MOOCs, online tutoring and emailing as well as research into a lvls and continuous gcse updates., and I’m currently relying sooo much on the iPad. I do have a phone but it’s not easy to use on the web browser or do mooc courses or even communicate with my tutors right now. I also have a laptop which is in an unusable, laggy state right now and my parent are having to prioritise stuff with the issues raised with coronavirus. We think we may be able to get it sorted until September when the school year starts again and we have saved up for repair costs.*If I give in the iPad it will leave me with no adequate tech to use to continue my studies and extra learning. I’m having to rely on the iPad soo much right now as expressed before.*

With the main idea of MOOCS, I’m trying to think ahead and add it to my CVs and applications in the future as I feel like my GCSE outcome on results day won’t be good enough. A recent stat came out that teachers are being too generous and Millions of students will get lower grades than expected as the trend with normal teacher predictions downs follow past years. I keep having a gut feeling that I will fall in this bracket and break down crying on results day and I won’t resit anything because I’m already doing 4 a lvls. So this extra mooc qualifications is to show I’ve done more work and I’m trying to have a backup plan by showing I’ve done moocs, online tutoring, loads of research and extra reading. Without the iPad, I think I might end up wasting my time procrastinating and fail life really.*

In a way, I know I don’t know how this whole system is compared to how much the academy knows, but I feel like the teachers aren’t doing enough to show the exam boards that there are some students who have huge work ethics and stand out from the crowd in performance in exams- I realise teachers aren’t given much of a say from exam boards but the results given will be partly based on past academic gcse outcomes which in turn will lower my grades (I don’t want to sound rude or show off but last year at asad the top performing student got 3 A*s 4 As in August, looking at me- in my March mocks, I got 5 A*s and 3 As and that was in my mock so then I would’ve had 3-4 months of work to do so I could attempt to push those As to A*s and my Bs to As to achieve my ultimate goal of 8 A*s (grade 8-9) and remember that as we get closer to exams EVERYONEs starts working more so I would’ve sacrificed huge hours into revision techniques but my dream has been shattered and now I’m forced to look for alternative ways to show I’m a dedicated student using the iPad and resources. So again, just wish I could use the iPad until summer where then I can get out laptop sorted and perhaps have the school provided one too where I can continue with work.*

Will it be possible to keep hold of the iPad until summer term begins as I’m 100% staying at the sixth form or if needed I can drop it on Tuesday in the morning, but please do consider my current situation.

Thanks,

Zack
Original post by ZedTV
Thank you for the hoodie issue sorted- do you know how much the price will be and how I have to pay?

Also I think it’s best if I say the issue with the iPad- it’s really good and at the moment I’m trying to do MOOCs, online tutoring and emailing as well as research into a lvls and continuous gcse updates., and I’m currently relying sooo much on the iPad. I do have a phone but it’s not easy to use on the web browser or do mooc courses or even communicate with my tutors right now. I also have a laptop which is in an unusable, laggy state right now and my parent are having to prioritise stuff with the issues raised with coronavirus. We think we may be able to get it sorted until September when the school year starts again and we have saved up for repair costs.*If I give in the iPad it will leave me with no adequate tech to use to continue my studies and extra learning. I’m having to rely on the iPad soo much right now as expressed before.*

With the main idea of MOOCS, I’m trying to think ahead and add it to my CVs and applications in the future as I feel like my GCSE outcome on results day won’t be good enough. A recent stat came out that teachers are being too generous and Millions of students will get lower grades than expected as the trend with normal teacher predictions downs follow past years. I keep having a gut feeling that I will fall in this bracket and break down crying on results day and I won’t resit anything because I’m already doing 4 a lvls. So this extra mooc qualifications is to show I’ve done more work and I’m trying to have a backup plan by showing I’ve done moocs, online tutoring, loads of research and extra reading. Without the iPad, I think I might end up wasting my time procrastinating and fail life really.*

In a way, I know I don’t know how this whole system is compared to how much the academy knows, but I feel like the teachers aren’t doing enough to show the exam boards that there are some students who have huge work ethics and stand out from the crowd in performance in exams- I realise teachers aren’t given much of a say from exam boards but the results given will be partly based on past academic gcse outcomes which in turn will lower my grades (I don’t want to sound rude or show off but last year at asad the top performing student got 3 A*s 4 As in August, looking at me- in my March mocks, I got 5 A*s and 3 As and that was in my mock so then I would’ve had 3-4 months of work to do so I could attempt to push those As to A*s and my Bs to As to achieve my ultimate goal of 8 A*s (grade 8-9) and remember that as we get closer to exams EVERYONEs starts working more so I would’ve sacrificed huge hours into revision techniques but my dream has been shattered and now I’m forced to look for alternative ways to show I’m a dedicated student using the iPad and resources. So again, just wish I could use the iPad until summer where then I can get out laptop sorted and perhaps have the school provided one too where I can continue with work.*

Will it be possible to keep hold of the iPad until summer term begins as I’m 100% staying at the sixth form or if needed I can drop it on Tuesday in the morning, but please do consider my current situation.

Thanks,

Zack

Hi there,
I am not totally clear what you're asking here?
Is this a draft email you've written to reply to a teacher?
I have to admit that if it is, you have to really make it a bit more serious and concise to get the point across. Using words like "soooo" and randomly capitalising words isn't a good way to address your teacher or a member of staff on an important issue.

What are you responding to exactly?
I've moved your thread to advice on everyday issues so you may get a few more helpful replies to your thread.
Best wishes,
Cheese :bump:
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hi there,
I am not totally clear what you're asking here?
Is this a draft email you've written to reply to a teacher?
I have to admit that if it is, you have to really make it a bit more serious and concise to get the point across. Using words like "soooo" and randomly capitalising words isn't a good way to address your teacher or a member of staff on an important issue.

What are you responding to exactly?
I've moved your thread to advice on everyday issues so you may get a few more helpful replies to your thread.
Best wishes,
Cheese :bump:

yes it is a response to a teacher. I dont really mind with the formalness as it's quite a close teacher and weve known each other for 5 years so that doesnt matter but its regarding a issue with keeping hold of the school iPad a bit more time. we got given iPads from school since the announcement of lockdown but we had to give them in next week. does it sound ok?
Original post by ZedTV
yes it is a response to a teacher. I dont really mind with the formalness as it's quite a close teacher and weve known each other for 5 years so that doesnt matter but its regarding a issue with keeping hold of the school iPad a bit more time. we got given iPads from school since the announcement of lockdown but we had to give them in next week. does it sound ok?

I see.
Yeah it is generally okay.
Reply 4
I had trouble getting through the first paragraph to be honest.
Its very wordy. I think you should be a bit more concise on your points. Also, when asking to keep an ipad for a longer time than granted, I would suggest you be a bit more formal than that ( even if you've known the teacher for a long time ).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending