Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am now a junior in high school. I switched high schools last year so I have been to 3 different schools in the past three years. I made friends my freshman year at my old high school, but I’m only in touch with a few of them and I don’t see them often, and at my new school I had a hard time making new friends, because it feels like everyone has established tight friend groups. I feel like an outsider and like everyone had so friends and is having great time, but me.
xxxbethxxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am now a junior in high school. I switched high schools last year so I have been to 3 different schools in the past three years. I made friends my freshman year at my old high school, but I’m only in touch with a few of them and I don’t see them often, and at my new school I had a hard time making new friends, because it feels like everyone has established tight friend groups. I feel like an outsider and like everyone had so friends and is having great time, but me.
I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling lonely and I can relate.
I moved around a lot as a kid (I've lived in 6 different houses) so I know how it feels to leave people behind a bit.
I'm English so I don't really know the school system in USA very well.
I just want to let you know that you're not the only person who feels this way and if you ever want someone to talk to that I'm here.
Have a great day! xx
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You are in USA?
I had few friends in high school, too
Do you study well?
Does loneliness affect your study much?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
I know what you're feeling, freshman and sophomore year were isolating. But junior year I feel I really got into the groove with friends. I don't know if it will be the same, but it will get better. It hurts now but trust me it will improve.
bladine
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I felt that way when I was a teen too. Humans are social in nature that is why we tend to feel lonely when we're not in a group especially the teens. My advice is give yourself some time to adjust. Focus more on academic performance and convey what you're feeling to your parents or guardian.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Check out my channel Niko Omilana 😄
Anonymous #1
I know what you're feeling, freshman and sophomore year were isolating. But junior year I feel I really got into the groove with friends. I don't know if it will be the same, but it will get better. It hurts now but trust me it will improve.
Thank you I needed to hear that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bladine)
I felt that way when I was a teen too. Humans are social in nature that is why we tend to feel lonely when we're not in a group especially the teens. My advice is give yourself some time to adjust. Focus more on academic performance and convey what you're feeling to your parents or guardian.
Thank you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by xxxbethxxx)
I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling lonely and I can relate.
I moved around a lot as a kid (I've lived in 6 different houses) so I know how it feels to leave people behind a bit.
I'm English so I don't really know the school system in USA very well.
I just want to let you know that you're not the only person who feels this way and if you ever want someone to talk to that I'm here.
Have a great day! xx
Thank you
Blaze_3103
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you have any social hobbies? like sports or music, gaming? You could join a team/ group that's run outside of school and make friends through that?

I've experienced something similar but UK based, it gets better. Defo helped me making friends when I joined things outside of school so I at least had an outlet and made friends in a new place.
Hope that helps and hope you feel better
Hannah0505
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This website is british, i've never seen an american here so i'm very confused about the education sysem lol. Anyways when you get to uni trust me you will make lots of friends, dont give up hope because everyone will forget their friends from school anyways
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (54)
8.84%
Confident (80)
13.09%
Indifferent (85)
13.91%
Unsure (158)
25.86%
Worried (234)
38.3%

Watched Threads