bring satnav for driving test with own car

Watch this thread
catfanny
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
if i use my own car, will i need a sat nav or will the examiner bring their own or will we just not use one and do the "follow the signs to..." instead?
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
It's not like the taxi drivrers knowledge test - the examiner just tells you where to go before each junction as if the examiner was the satnav.
you need to work out the correct lane at complicated junctions by yourself though.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I believe the satnav is provided and is a specific TomTom model. *Not sure, (I passed like 1 week before they brought this in)
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by catfanny)
if i use my own car, will i need a sat nav or will the examiner bring their own or will we just not use one and do the "follow the signs to..." instead?
You do not need a satnav.
catfanny
Rep:
(Original post by Joinedup)
It's not like the taxi drivrers knowledge test - the examiner just tells you where to go before each junction as if the examiner was the satnav.
you need to work out the correct lane at complicated junctions by yourself though.
was asking in regards to the 20 minute independent driving section, where they either tell u to follow satnav directions or follow signs, but thanks

(Original post by StriderHort)
I believe the satnav is provided and is a specific TomTom model. *Not sure, (I passed like 1 week before they brought this in)
thanks

(Original post by IWMTom)
You do not need a satnav.
thanks
Joinedup
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by catfanny)
was asking in regards to the 20 minute independent driving section, where they either tell u to follow satnav directions or follow signs, but thanks

thanks

thanks
OK there's a guide to what you need to take on the government website https://www.gov.uk/driving-test/what-to-take

and a guide to the independent section https://www.gov.uk/driving-test/what...ns-during-test (which says you aren't allowed to use your own satnav)
catfanny
Rep:
(Original post by Joinedup)
OK there's a guide to what you need to take on the government website https://www.gov.uk/driving-test/what-to-take

and a guide to the independent section https://www.gov.uk/driving-test/what...ns-during-test (which says you aren't allowed to use your own satnav)
thank youu
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
21.11%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.22%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.56%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (21)
23.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
21.11%

Watched Threads