Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! My skin is really red and this enhances the scars and spots i have. If the redness went, the spots would look almost non-existent.

However, where would I find an anti-inflammatory oil-free moisteriser/cream. It needs to do both - if it ends creating spots then there is no point!

Any ideas? My skin is really getting me down and I am ALWAYS thinking about it. Even on results day, I was more like "will people notice my skin" rather than "will I get the grades"!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

ReputationRep:
    what do you wash your face with?

ReputationRep:
    Just normal water and a cleaner. I'm not allergic to anything and its not what I'm washing my face in. My spots and scars are just really red!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extreme!)
    Just normal water and a cleaner. I'm not allergic to anything and its not what I'm washing my face in. My spots and scars are just really red!!
    Are you sure it's not the cleaner....

My face goes bright red if I use certain products, I'm not allergic to anything in them, they just irritate my skin. Buy some of the simple soap range, and wash your face twice a day without any real rubbing, don't pick at it, drink lots of water and I bet you'll be fine.

Excessive face washing dries out your skin and causes spots anyway.

Don't think this is crap advice - my skin used to be horrible because I washed it too much. When I realised and slowed down, my skin is great.

ReputationRep:
    use tea tree oil. or toothpaste,my brther has reeeally bad spots and it helps him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    use tea tree oil. or toothpaste,my brther has reeeally bad spots and it helps him!
    Both irritants, will only make the OP's skin worse.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your have allergies or sensitivity, try products for sensitive skin to see if they help/

ReputationRep:
    Try using 'simple' products, its a range created for people with sensitive skin and their products are perfume free and soap free.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for yuor advice, I'm gonna start using the more sensitive skin products!! I hope it helps!!

ReputationRep:
    Aveeno
    its got natural ingredients

Duno how much it is
    bcos i get it free from doctors

ReputationRep:
    Go to your doctor. He should prescribe you with some cream to reduce both spots & redness.

ReputationRep:
    put some foundation on.

ReputationRep:
    You may have turned into a teletubby.

Quickest way to remove red skin though is to diagnose the actual problem. Do you wear suncream? Is anything making you stressed?

ReputationRep:
    go to your gp and get a referral to a dermatologist. you could have exema or roseca (i know i spelled it wrong, but its the disorder that gives ou really really red skin)

if its either of those things just use a really gentle clenser and nothing to harsh. also, stay away from alcohol because that constricts your blood vessels and make you redder and you scars brighter. when i drink the same thing happens to me...any scars turn bright red, i get really flushed, etc...and it dpoesn't necesarily just go away

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.