The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes it will become dull and pointless. Even more so than it allready is.
Then they will have to change the sports to liven it up, so hurdlers will have to jump over barbed wire, gymnasts will be balancing on beams over crocodile pits, athletes will be chased by starving wolves, etc.
Reply 2
as mock the week pointed out, sharks always win, so there is no point trying
This won't happen for the forseeable future. Technology, training, nutrition, everything gets better with more time and technology and so will the athletes. They'll be braking records when our grandchildren are old.
Reply 4
Maybe they'l allow drugs..and they are always getting stronger...so stronger steroids etc will allow the atheletes to recover much faster and train harder and things maybe lol..
the records will always keep getting broken, they just need to inject a bit more each time
Who cares. Whenever i switch on the olympic channel some new record is being broken.
Reply 7
LearningMath
Who cares. Whenever i switch on the olympic channel some new record is being broken.

World record fatigue? it cannot be!
Olympics will never get boring. It really isn't about the winning/record breaking. It IS the taking and BEING part that makes it such an enjoyable and widepsread event.

Think about it, no one cares in the slightest about the world championships of the sports or even cares about the athletes apart from those two weeks.
It is the atmosphere of the Olympics the chance to show to other countries that your country is better and can win more medals, regardless of the actual 'result'.
Reply 9
It would turn more like football, and the atmosphere woudl make mit enjoyable, how much your team wins (or in this case country)

I don't think it will get boring.
They'll always be breakable but you'll get records standing for longer simple because it will be at such a high level that only the best of a generation will be able to beat it. If one person can break a WR then another can equal it at least. So it's not impossible.
Reply 11
Drugs glorious drugs, mashed steriods and insulin...
Also it will make breaking a world record a feat of pure excellence. At these games the amount of world records broken kind of downplay each other, since so many have been broken. Swimming especially, they still have a way to go to improve it seems.
Reply 13
neverstandstill
They'll always be breakable but you'll get records standing for longer simple because it will be at such a high level that only the best of a generation will be able to beat it. If one person can break a WR then another can equal it at least. So it's not impossible.

^^

Exactly what he said. :yep:
People will evolve and they'll be broken, they always will be. If it never will drugs would probably be legalised by then anyway.
They will get broken eventually.

I broke my personal best, during these Olypmics, I managed to whack one off to the womens weightlifting, it wasn't easy; hard work in fact. However, one has to push themselves that hard to become a true Olympic champion
g_star_raw_1989
They will get broken eventually.

I broke my personal best, during these Olypmics, I managed to whack one off to the womens weightlifting, it wasn't easy; hard work in fact. However, one has to push themselves that hard to become a true Olympic champion

Are you pushing for the men's weightlifting come 2012?
Reply 17
noooooooooo they will never stop being broken.

Mr Phelps is only the first of the mutant olympian generation....there will be more....

"screw the X men I'm going to the olympics"
Reply 18
Records will always be beaten! Look at the 100m sprint, a few years ago we were wondering if any athlete could go sub 9.80 - then along came Asafa Powell, Gay and now Bolt and the record has been beaten again, again and again and now i'm sure people are wondering when Bolt will go sub 9.69.

As Michael Johnson said - track and field world records are very special, because they are not broken that often, which in my opinion is why Bolt's performances of three golds and three world records (one which has stood for 12 years) fractionally outweights Phelps amazing achievement of 8 gold medals and 7 WRs
steelmole
Are you pushing for the men's weightlifting come 2012?

Nah, maybe the womens shot put or something....

I've come far since the Athens 04', where I was glued to the womens beach volleyball.

Latest

Trending

Trending