struggling with mental health

Watch
Milkandcookiess
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
so this has been going on for a long time now, but it's worse than ever in lockdown. Ever since I started struggling with my appearance I've felt really down. Now in lockdown and being shut inside for a long time has really put me in a bad place, and since I'm behind with school work I feel hopeless. I have no motivation to do anything even though where I live lockdown is starting to ease. I feel exhausted and I'm angry at myself for even feeling like this because I'm very lucky within my life, but every day I find myself trying to wish it away and hope for something better in the future. Maybe this is something I have to solve by myself, but if anyone has any advise it would help me more than you think, thank you
belugawhale898
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What do you enjoy doing? If you can watch a film or draw or bake for a few hours it might make you feel better and give you some motivation but honestly you're so much more important than your schoolwork and you should focus in yourself. I promise the future will get better even if that seems unlikely right now but feel free to rant to me about anything I'll listen.
Milkandcookiess
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by belugawhale898)
What do you enjoy doing? If you can watch a film or draw or bake for a few hours it might make you feel better and give you some motivation but honestly you're so much more important than your schoolwork and you should focus in yourself. I promise the future will get better even if that seems unlikely right now but feel free to rant to me about anything I'll listen.
Thank you so much it helps a lot <3 I tried baking because I really enjoy it but after I'm done I feel bad again, especially since I have to get back to my schoolwork. but again thank you so much for this, It seems silly but i'ts given me hope
PAPYRUS-UK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Milkandcookiess)
so this has been going on for a long time now, but it's worse than ever in lockdown. Ever since I started struggling with my appearance I've felt really down. Now in lockdown and being shut inside for a long time has really put me in a bad place, and since I'm behind with school work I feel hopeless. I have no motivation to do anything even though where I live lockdown is starting to ease. I feel exhausted and I'm angry at myself for even feeling like this because I'm very lucky within my life, but every day I find myself trying to wish it away and hope for something better in the future. Maybe this is something I have to solve by myself, but if anyone has any advise it would help me more than you think, thank you
Hello Milkandcookiess,

I hear that you're finding things really difficult right now, and lockdown is making it worse. It sounds like you've been struggling for some time, and being at home all the time is making it difficult to find motivation. Sometimes when there's things making life really difficult, it can have a big impact on motivation and how you're feeling. Some people find it helpful to have a structure to their days - if you could create a timetable for yourself, like school, then it might make it a little bit easier to try and focus on school work.

I would advise that if how you're feeling is having an impact on your mental health, and you feel like you're really low and exhausted, and struggling to cope with your feelings, then it might be worth speaking to your GP. They can advise you on if there's anything they can do to help - for example, referring you to a counsellor so you can talk about how you're feeling.

There are lots of services out there who you can talk to while you wait for any support the GP might be able to offer, here are a few that I think would be helpful for you:
The Mix provide support to anyone under 25 4-11pm every day
Childline are there for anyone under 19, they're usually 24/7 but are open 9am-midnight at the moment
Kooth are an onling wellbeing service (they don't work for every area but you can check on the website)

When things feel like overwhelming and you are desperate for support sometimes people experience thoughts of suicide. If you feel you need support with this you can contact us on 0800 068 4141, text us on 07860 039 962, or email us at [email protected]

Best Wishes,
Pip :^_^:
Milkandcookiess
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PAPYRUS-UK)
Hello Milkandcookiess,

I hear that you're finding things really difficult right now, and lockdown is making it worse. It sounds like you've been struggling for some time, and being at home all the time is making it difficult to find motivation. Sometimes when there's things making life really difficult, it can have a big impact on motivation and how you're feeling. Some people find it helpful to have a structure to their days - if you could create a timetable for yourself, like school, then it might make it a little bit easier to try and focus on school work.

I would advise that if how you're feeling is having an impact on your mental health, and you feel like you're really low and exhausted, and struggling to cope with your feelings, then it might be worth speaking to your GP. They can advise you on if there's anything they can do to help - for example, referring you to a counsellor so you can talk about how you're feeling.

There are lots of services out there who you can talk to while you wait for any support the GP might be able to offer, here are a few that I think would be helpful for you:
The Mix provide support to anyone under 25 4-11pm every day
Childline are there for anyone under 19, they're usually 24/7 but are open 9am-midnight at the moment
Kooth are an onling wellbeing service (they don't work for every area but you can check on the website)

When things feel like overwhelming and you are desperate for support sometimes people experience thoughts of suicide. If you feel you need support with this you can contact us on 0800 068 4141, text us on 07860 039 962, or email us at [email protected]

Best Wishes,
Pip :^_^:
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to reply to this message or not, but thank you very much, I'll definitely try out these suggestions
justBijal
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ok so i know exactly what you mean, lockdown has been rough for alot of people. But talk to some friends, lockdown is kind of caliming down so you can actually go visit your friends. I'm kind of behind of school work too, but i recommend just trying to listen too music and vibing for an hour just calming yourself down and getting in the mood, and then youll find youll be able to work alot better when youve loosened yourself up a bit more. Oh and dont worry about appearence your perfect just the way you are <33
Milkandcookiess
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by justBijal)
Ok so i know exactly what you mean, lockdown has been rough for alot of people. But talk to some friends, lockdown is kind of caliming down so you can actually go visit your friends. I'm kind of behind of school work too, but i recommend just trying to listen too music and vibing for an hour just calming yourself down and getting in the mood, and then youll find youll be able to work alot better when youve loosened yourself up a bit more. Oh and dont worry about appearence your perfect just the way you are <33
Thank you so much, tomorrow i'm gonna really get my head down with work. And you are perfect too! <33
username5322004
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think once you have found something to motivate you things will definitely be better Like the others said listening to music helps and talking to your friends. Maybe watching your favourite shows will take your mind off things. Feel free to pm me
PAPYRUS-UK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Milkandcookiess)
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to reply to this message or not, but thank you very much, I'll definitely try out these suggestions
Hi Milkandcookiess

That's amazing to hear - I hope it helps!

Best Wishes,
Rosie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads