Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Best thread ever award!!

My ex used to do some wierd arm movements - really funny after a few drinks lol.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think my boobs are really big enough to be lifted in. (34B, fyi)

ReputationRep:
    What's with these people saying they've never heard of hoisting your boobs in? That's how you're meant to put a bra on, I always do it when I get dressed - you put your bra on, then lean forward and hoist them up securely into place in the cups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandora7)
    :eek: i can't believe some of the responses here! everytime i go bra shopping the lady always shows me how to do it even though i've known how to do it since i first started wearing bras. don't they show you how to do it when you go bra shopping? :s:

basically you bend over forward so your body is at a right angle and uhh tuck your boobs in.
    I saw that once (possibly on how to look good naked), tried it and realised it didn't work...infact it made the bra alot harder to do up!!

I just whack it on...shoulder straps on, clasp up, hey presto!!

If by lifting you mean once you're already in the bra (possibly with outfit on), kind of scooping them up from the bottom to create more cleavage...then yes, i've been doing that for years...works a treat...have to remember not to do it when already out on a night out and a tad drunk, or else the whole world sees your nipples!!:o:

ReputationRep:
    From a male point of view - Fascinating.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of like.. Hook my bra under my boobs then put the straps over my shoulder, Then do it up at the back.

I didn't realise there were Techniques for Over-Shoulder-Boulder-Holder placementttttttt.

ReputationRep:
    I must be one of the only ones who understands what the OP means by this thread XD

In answer to the thread question: Yes I do. Seeing as I'm a DD, I normally find it's more comfortable afterwards when I scoop my boobs up into the cup after putting the bra on. They feel more lifted and supported that way.

As for the whole process of putting my bra on, I normally do it up at the front (my arms can't stretch that far back, lol), swivel it around and then do the 'scooping action' XD So that the boobs are well and truly in the cup

ReputationRep:
    i put mine on with the straps on the bottom and the inside on the out and then kinda turn it over and put my arms through the straps. when i went to get measured the woman was like "you need to lean forward when you put your bra on because your breasts are rather large and it provides more support when you are wearing it"

i was like "wtf!" i never have and i have 34F boobs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KelZee)
    I must be one of the only ones who understands what the OP means by this thread XD

In answer to the thread question: Yes I do. Seeing as I'm a DD, I normally find it's more comfortable afterwards when I scoop my boobs up into the cup after putting the bra on. They feel more lifted and supported that way.
    Nah you're not the only one, I also do the scooping. Oh and I'm a B cup, and so there's plenty of scoopage for us all!!

Both my mum n sister do their bras from the front and then swivel, but because I'm hypermobile, I've never had a problem doing my bra up at the back! lol.

ReputationRep:
    i put it on inside out back to front, do it up, swivel it round an pull it over.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a lifter .

With 32Es it's necessary; I can't believe people don't lift tbh!

ReputationRep:
    i'm a 40G and ive never lifted :p:

WTF Lift your boobs into your bra? Errrr no I don't do this - I just do it up from the front and then twist my bra round and shove my arms through and hey presto!

ReputationRep:
    loooool this thread made me laugh...I mean WTH?!

(Original post by caroline147)
    I'm a lifter .

With 32Es it's necessary; I can't believe people don't lift tbh!
    hi, im a guy, im guessing 32E is a large size?

ReputationRep:
    I usually leave mine hanging over the bra, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)
    Lift? Huh?
    I put it on round my waist (because I'm coordinationally challenged) then wiggle it up into place, simple.
    Ditto :p:

ReputationRep:
    I hook it at the front, then twist it round and put the straps on.

sometimes I might wiggle it down to get it in to place, but I've never found a need to "lift" them into position, no.

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of that and can't see how to do it... that's probably cos I don't need to... And bending over to put it on?! Erm....

I tend to put mine on after a shower, so do it uniquely - put on arm straps, move cups to about the right place, do up clasp at back (not difficult at all!), then remove towel from under.... they just "fall" into place :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I put it on backwards, turn it around and then make sure my boobies are comfy :nods:
    I do that too, i can't actually do up the clips when they are at the back. My arms don't bend that way.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.