Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    I'm a lifter .

With 32Es it's necessary; I can't believe people don't lift tbh!
    Necessary? I'm a 34G and i don't. What is actually acheived by it?

ReputationRep:
    i must be the smallest girl here with my A's no hoisting for me i dont think

ReputationRep:
    All I do is put my arms in and clasp it up at the back. Have never really thought about how people with larger boobs do it. . Quite glad I don't have huge ones that need maneuvering!

EDIT: hattilongsoks, :no:. 30AA
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    i put it on inside out back to front, do it up, swivel it round an pull it over.
    :ditto:

you speak da troof

yeh thats what i do...i just assumed everyone else had their own way of doing it?
    who cares how it's done so long as you end up with boobs in your bra. (not just anyone's boobs, mind. gotta be your own i'm afraid:p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettylittlerichgirl)

EDIT: hattilongsoks, :no:. 30AA

oh i think tomorrow morning i wil try this lift up, behind my head, around the world bra technique hehe, if i dont turn up for work ill blame you guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    Necessary? I'm a 34G and i don't. What is actually acheived by it?
    Sorry, I'll rephrase: for me, it's necessary. It just makes them sit comfortably in place :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    who the hell invented the "proper way" to put on a bra? Is there a "proper" way to put on a t-shirt too? Sounds like something straight out of a 1950's housewife manual. All that bending over?!

To me, if I needed to wiggle them about and reposition them after putting on a bra, that'd say to me "this bra obviously doesn't fit very well!"

ReputationRep:
    i put it on backwards, tug it around, pull it up and then lift my boobs and wiggle them a bit so that the bra's comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh this thread has made me LARF!!! Ive been rather lax on the bra guru front on tsr...so heres some advice!!

Bra manufacterers(sp?) ALL advise a certain way too put on a bra, this way not only ensure your bras keep their fit and last longer but you also get the best suport out of them

1. You place your arms through the straps, bend down, so the breasts fill the cups, gravity helps here!!!
    2. Clasp the bra up on the back, if its a new bra start on the loosest..and work your way in the older the bra gets

Most women will need some adjusting, eg a wriggle, hand in, adjustment etc, however you should only need to do this once, if you're finding its more than once a day, get fitted!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    Ahh this thread has made me LARF!!! Ive been rather lax on the bra guru front on tsr...so heres some advice!!

Bra manufacterers(sp?) ALL advise a certain way too put on a bra, this way not only ensure your bras keep their fit and last longer but you also get the best suport out of them

1. You place your arms through the straps, bend down, so the breasts fill the cups, gravity helps here!!!
    2. Clasp the bra up on the back, if its a new bra start on the loosest..and work your way in the older the bra gets

Most women will need some adjusting, eg a wriggle, hand in, adjustment etc, however you should only need to do this once, if you're finding its more than once a day, get fitted!!!
    does anyone actually use that method?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    does anyone actually use that method?

If you try it..it takes a while too get the hang of, but if you try it it works..bras last longer, get your moneys worth

and yes, they do..most of my clients once shown and praticed are still using it 2 years on!!

if you do the swivel round the waist method you may aswell cut your bra up as it would loose its fit pretty much instantly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duracell)
    Do you always 'lift' your boobs into it?
    Is it better for them if you do? Or does it not really have much effect?
    Just wondered what the majority does..

x
    I was told the best way to put them on is to lean forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)

I'm FOREVER having to do it, actually. I don't think the woman in Debenhams fitted me correctly :no:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    I do that too, i can't actually do up the clips when they are at the back. My arms don't bend that way.
    Same, same! That's why I must do them from the front :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I put the bra on over my shoulders, pull it down over my boobs, maybe lift them if it needs a bit of adjusting and then reach round and to the clips at the back.

ReputationRep:
    I do the bend over and wiggle thing that Gok Wan was on about ages ago lol. Then shuffle em around a bit to make em sit even. I'm asymetrical btw, so needs extra shuffling =p

ReputationRep:
    Theres not much to lift lol...what I do is place my arms through the straps and then,just put it on the loosest thingy...I do have to do some readjusting then,im set to go lol..

ReputationRep:
    i know what you mean. i think it may be a big-boobed girl thing?when i put my bra on, to begin with the band sort of rests ON my boobs a little bit so then i have to kind of pull it down and 'lift' my boobs in lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celifein)
    I do it up with the clips at the front, spin the bra around, lean forward a little as I pull the shoulder straps on. I then reposition the underwire and chest strap if it feels a bit off. I don't have any hands free for any kind of "lifting".

Same, i think when i lean foward a little i kinda jiggle them about, but thats cos i think my bra is too small for me now.. and
    To be fair, each ot their own....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.