Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The worst feeling in the world is realising your passport has expired before your due to fly out. So I need to take a trip to the passport office, but the problem is my appointment (you can't just turn up so they say) is 45 mins after the cut off time to get it back on the same day. The Bank Holiday means the next working day will be Tuesday.

I know this is completely my own fault (and I feel like an idiot), but I have heard that it is possible to blag it at the passport office if you go with all the correct documents as soon as they open.

I now need a convincing story that can not be easily verified (so I can rule out family sicknesses etc). Has anyone been in a similar situation or have any ideas? Any help will be very much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends where you are going, this was discussed on another forum the other day, I'll try and find the link for you

ReputationRep:
    USA. That link would be great.

I still need a cover story though, or I guess I will have to beg.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, most of those only got away with it for EU countries.

The USA are going to be very strict. When do you fly?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.