Turn on thread page Beta

Show your appreciation for cheesy 90s songs! :D watch

ReputationRep:
    Today I've been in a mood for sitting listening to cheesy 90s music and looking back... jeez, it was all so much more happy then! Music you could bounce around to. Nowadays music seems to be that really boring sort of rock that everyone likes (not that I don't love rock, just not the sort that seems to constantly be on the radio!) or endless r and b with half naked people on the videos.

So, I've made this thread so you can show your appreciation for really really crap 90s music. Steps (who knows the dance for Tragedy? xD), S Club 7, Vegaboys, Aqua, Cher... you know you love 'em really. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Saturday night, and I like the way you move...

I was the only girl in my class that couldn't do that dance :'(

ReputationRep:
    S! Cluuuubb, gonna show you hoooow
    Ain't no party like an S-club party.

Ohh yes 8)

ReputationRep:
    WOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooo ow we're going to Ibiza! (pronounced like - 'eat pizza')

ReputationRep:
    Saturday night and cotton eye joe......both remind me of living on an RAF camp in the 90s spending most of my friday nights drunk as a lord on German beer . Good Times!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicyfruit)
    WOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooo ow we're going to Ibiza! (pronounced like - 'eat pizza')
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH! In the medditeranean sea!

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Love 'em.

And no, I'm not gay. I just [obviously] have an horrific taste in music:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    OP you left out Spice Girls! I'm shocked.

ReputationRep:
    Here we have a club called Babylon. And they play nineties stuff. Exclusively. That's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnitJanet)
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH! In the medditeranean sea!
    WOOOOOOOOAH! We're gonna have a party!

ReputationRep:
    We had the Vengaboy come to our summer ball i was to pissed to remember if i actually saw them though

Freestyler is the best song from the 90's tho. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXnT5NnHYEQ

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    sex on the beach, come on every body, let's have sex on the beach.
    I remember in about 1997 getting a tape player and a cassette, it had such brilliant songs on it, why can't music be like it was then? ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldspeak)
    OP you left out Spice Girls! I'm shocked.
    I'm sorry! xD I'm in the sort of mood where Spice Girls aren't cheerful enough for me- that's probably a bit worrying!
    Anyways, in a bit of Spice Girls appreciation- I'll go listen to Stop!

EDIT: Wow, Ginger was quite hot in that video!

ReputationRep:
    Tom Jones "sex bomb" - remember "singing" it with the "lads" at after school football back in the junior school! Ahh classic times!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Party Pooper
    :upyours:

80s are where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    I know (now) it's a cover but... Mambo no.5! Happy, bouncy memories...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    :p: I like both, but I'd prefer Robert Palmer over the Venga Boys any day.
    THE HUMAN LEAGUE FTW. :jive:

ReputationRep:
    80s are awesome and all but...

Hey boy, sitting in your tree, is it very big, is there room for me? I've got a house with windows and doors, I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnitJanet)
    Steps (who knows the dance for Tragedy? xD),
    Tragedy!? Pah! That's not real Steps!

My boot-scootin' baby, drivin' me c-razy, my obsession from a western, my dance floor date! My rodeo romeo, a cowboy guy from head to toe, gonna make you mine, better get in line! 5, 6, 7, 8!

To any hardcore Steps fans, that was just from memory, so I apologise if I got it wrong.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.