Turn on thread page Beta

i think i have an eating issue.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :confused:
    so my story goes something like this....
    i've always been an athletic girl, not crazy fit or the best at anything, but i was definetly into sports and i loved competition. having said that... i never had the greatest body. I mean, i know i'm not exactly fat but i could definetly lose a few and tone up.
    but the problem lies here--> i go through weird ups and downs, esp during the year when i have stressful periods. sometimes i will eat EVERYTHING. seriously, and if you put sweets in front of me i will eat it ALL. and even if i am not hungry, i need something sweet in my mouth...and then after i have a binge i feel so grose and i vow that the next day i will start a diet and get in shape.
    THEN when i finally DO start getting in shape, eating no sweets, etc etc it NEVER LASTS. after about 2 weeks or so of 'good eating' i HAVE TO HAVE more frikin sweets! what i dont understand is how normal people dont have an urge to eat sweets when they are right in front of you.... i feel so stupid becuase i feel i cant control my stupid urges.
    i really really want to be fit and STAY fit. i need some motivation... but i don't know where or how or anything.:woo: advice ? please?

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you're saying, and I'm a guy, most people associate this with the girls out there, I still eat quite a lot of crap but I go gym a lot with mates, I'm thin and fairly toned so I guess if you get enough exercise you can get a reasonable amount of crap, but not too much!

ReputationRep:
    Gym with mates is the best way.

A group of us go 3 times a week, and it's difficult not to go when there are other people expecting you there.

It really is fun though. ^^

Great way to stay in shape.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice guys but the thing is i dont have a problem getting to the gym or working out, the problem is my eating. i have no motivation when it comes to controling my eating cravings and urges. yet i have it for excercising.....wtf???

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try not to have any sweets etc in the house, this could help to lessen the temptation

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. I think it's called greed. Learn some self discipline.
    There's nothing else to say really. Routine leads to habit. Discipline leads to routine.
    Keep trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maida)
    :confused:
    so my story goes something like this....
    i've always been an athletic girl
    Then why does it say your a male? And going to the gym with friends is most likly the best choice as its extremely hard not to eat crap.

[edit] i see you made a mistake and have now changed it lol

ReputationRep:
    omg haha sorry!!
    believe me i am a girl :]

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.