Jhxidndndndnd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
How are you revising for your GCSE exams/ how did you revise for your GCSE exams? Did you use/are you using any particular websites or apps? How would you recommend structuring revision? Any tips are much appreciated.
GCSE_Rockstar32
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Notes are quite essential as part of our revision. Try the Cornell Note taking method ? It’s quite useful.

I would suggest reading on the specific topic. Making notes on it using a particular way, e.g. Cornell Note Method, then using the CGP Exam Practice Workbook to answer questions on the topic, and then marking it and seeing where you went wrong. Then completing a practice paper on the topic found on https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/ .

P.S Write in the CGP Exam Practice Workbook in pencil so you could repeat doing the questions at a later time, to remind yourself of the information and how to answer those questions.

Good Luck 😊
Braces
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Jhxidndndndnd)
How are you revising for your GCSE exams/ how did you revise for your GCSE exams? Did you use/are you using any particular websites or apps? How would you recommend structuring revision? Any tips are much appreciated.
Unfortunately, I never had the chance to take my GCSEs. But, if I had took them I would've researched, revised and kept doing that over and over.
Mistyblue123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I find that seneca is quite useful for revision. If you want to make resources such as mind maps online, I think that GoConqr is quite good for that.
YatoSan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I recommend just going straight to past paper questions. Constant repetition works best for getting things to stick in your mind. There is SO much repetition of similar questions when it comes to science and maths.

Also, it's probably best to take notes as flashcards rather than just writing it down normally. That way, instead of just reading notes off a page, you're constantly testing your memory. I promise, it helps a lot! Writing notes normally is not as effective unless you're learning it for the first time.

Just some ideas, I hope it helps!

Edit: Quizlet is a really good website to use for flashcards
Last edited by YatoSan; 3 months ago
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The one thing to make sure of is that you have consistent and proper sleep each night. No late nights or revising just before bedtime.
dorotheapenguin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I used Seneca Learning and constant exam questions. My advice is to learn topics really well so before exams you are not RELEARNING you are REVISING. Also, a little often is better than a lot infrequently. Start earlier rather than later so you can take a break when you need to.
sassy sausages
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I haven't taken GCSEs but what worked for me for mocks was getting/ making a revision timetable and structuring it to my needs and what i felt like revising. Also i found handwriting items like flashcards worked better then online stuff but you could always find online stuff and note them down in your own words. Also getting a blank piece of paper and writing down everything i knew about a topic and then getting a revision guide and another coloured pen to add notes to it helped me understand what I missed and what i need to focus on. Hope that helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
25.41%
Less motivated (91)
74.59%

Watched Threads