Is a makeup artist for film/ theatre great if your passionate about film and characte

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I wanted to act.... never worked out then direct but didnt and write for theatre ...I suck at writing and if I made a career I may find it lonely.

I'm the Independent type, have autism also but it's never held me back even though things can get overwhelming and the lights can get roo much. I still want to be in that theatre/film industry and considering even giving makeup for character,etc another shot but get into it professionally. I can get to do my own projects and be in the industry. Is it a great idea?
ClaudiaVan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

I am on the spectrum too however I took on backstage theatre and now teach it sesssionally aswell as theatre performance and applied drama/events.

I’d say look at college courses in theatre production or hair and make up!

If you’re interested you may be able to find some small paid work gigs doing it for film.

Good luck!
N.B.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This could suit you, though since you love acting so much you may want to consider a course that looks at directing/management. Perhaps staging (not lights) could also be an option. Keep doors open. Consider taking a college course in makeup and staging alongside a traditional drama A-Level and then maybe joining a drama company/club as an intern/member behind the stage. There are numerous opportunities if you look around. If not, why not take a few online courses alongside A-Levels and get some qualifications that way? Like that, you could explore the drama aspect without the things that make you uncomfortable.
Anonymous #1
Thank you so much for the advice guys.

With careers such stage management/ technician they is likely chance to go freelance apparently. Even with theatre directing and I feel it could get too much for me due to autism. I found a great makeup artsit course but I would have to travel long distances, part time one as if full time the travel would be too expensive plus I need to work a job. Doing acting or directing on the side still would be fantastic and tbh I have tried getting into as a career a number of times and I dont think it's meant to be. I just dont want to have any regrets, arghh I could scream.
ClaudiaVan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Take a look on Prospects website where there are loads of roles listed especially within creative industries and theatre/film

Anonymous #1
Apologies I meant unlikely chance at the top second sentence.

Thanks for this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (7)
11.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.47%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.08%
I need help with my personal statement (25)
42.37%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
23.73%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.39%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.08%

Watched Threads