Grace Appleby
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
What is everyone’s opinion and advice on
A level Religious Studies (some call it Philosophy and Ethics)?
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
A lot of people say it's not a useful A-Level which I guess is true to an extent depending on what you want to do as a degree/career, but I did it and I loved it Requires a lot of essay writing and there is a lot, lot of content (my teacher didn't manage to get through it) and I think it's something you need to be interested in to do well otherwise revising will be difficult and boring, at least for me, I found Christian Thought the most boring part and therefore the hardest
e2002!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Person above has said that people say that it’s useless, which don’t get me wrong fellow pupils at my school would say that, but apparently it is a good and prestigious a level to have.

I would say that it’s quite difficult but that i did really enjoy it. A lot of the content isn’t necessarily difficult to understand but there is so much of it, like seriously. Like i know everyone says that about every a level but like i did history as well in y12 and i felt like RE had so much more content as in RE you have to know everything in a lot of detail as the questions are often very specific.

A lot of it is really interesting though and if you’ve got a good teacher then you’ll get to do some good discussion/debate work. I do agree with the person above though that the christianity portion was a bit of a drag at times, everyone in my class kind of hated the christianity part in year 12 bc there was just so many tiny details to learn, but i think it was partly as well bc it was the last thing we did. However i really enjoyed the christianity section in year 13 and found it really interesting as the topics were to do with applying christianity to gender, science etc.

Honestly i’d really recommend RE if you enjoyed it at gcse and find all that kind of stuff interesting, you get to learn about loads of different stuff and it gets you thinking about life and all those confusing questions of ethics/theories about life and the universe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (27)
18.62%
No (118)
81.38%

Watched Threads