The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Amongst the best bands of the last ten years? Put the crack pipe down.
Misogynist
Amongst the best bands of the last ten years? Put the crack pipe down.

What you on about? That's my opinion and you can't change that.

*picks crackpipe back up*
i agree, they're not the best bands ever in the last decade, but bloc party do come close.
as for the arctic monkeys...
Reply 4
I wouldn't even put them in the top 1000 of the last decade. Arctic Monkeys win it for me though. Bloc Party are a bit hit and miss. Arctic Monkeys are average but they're always average.
Reply 5
They're both mediocre, in my opinion anyway.
Reply 6
MazalTov89
They're both mediocre, in my opinion anyway.

Yeah, I can't see what all the fuss is about...

Clearly, McFly, oh, I mean MUSE, are ranked as one of these so called bands that have defined the past decade?
Reply 7
Students will listen to all of them in 20 years in the way that we listen to stuff from the 80s, I'm sure, but I hope that Muse will be seen as the most important of the lot mentioned so far.
Reply 8
=nuke=
but I hope that Muse will be seen as the most important of the lot mentioned so far.

you, my friend, talk sense

muse really do not get enough appreciation from the media, but they seem like they arent bothered, as their muse-ic is genre defining and, as we know, people dont like change...
bloc party
Reply 10
what about coldplay and franz ferdinand?
Reply 11
Bloc Party ftw! Songs are great, approach to their music is awesome and their videos are really entertaining. Bloc Party >>>> Arctic Monkeys anyway.
yay blocparty are winning! artic monkeys are pathetic fools...except for bigger boys and stolen sweet hearts there only good song and it was a bloody b-side!
Reply 13
Ele_B
what about coldplay and franz ferdinand?

I prefer, Coldplay, for some reason I get easily bored of Franz.
Reply 14
The arctic monkeys by far.
Reply 15
Arctic Monkeys are better but I would not say they are "amongst the best bands of the last ten years".
Reply 16
you're all wrong. best band of the last 10 years = vengaboys.
It's Arctic Monkeys....not The Arctic Monkeys or Artic Monkeys. Idiots
Reply 18
The Last Shadow Puppets are better than AM. I can see TLSP outliving AM, just a hunch
The Grapevine
It's Arctic Monkeys....not The Arctic Monkeys or Artic Monkeys. Idiots

They're not idiots for making a tiny mistake in a band name.

Latest