The Student Room Group

Getting a girlfriend who actually cares

So first of all I am almost 17 and I have never had a gf before. The reason is down to my parents being the strict type while also enforcing focus on education. So I didn’t really see any way of me having one.

So because I was really curious and interested I ended up finding someone online(dumb idea) and let’s just say she wasn’t right for me and made me really miserable. And it’s worse because I did everything I could but she never made much of an effort. So it broke off.

The reason I’m writing this is because well.. I have a few questions.

1) are there actually girls out there who make an effort to make things last and genuinely love the other individual?. (She really didn’t seem to show any love at all)

2) what is the best way to get a girlfriend and find one who actually cares?.

3)I’m skinny and tall and don’t have the ideal body girls really want. Will this essentially make me undesirable?

I’m sorry if the questions are stupid, I just had a really terrible experience and since it was my first time I’m not really optimistic about finding someone who is caring, kind and genuinely has feelings for the other individual and doesn’t play any stupid games.
Original post by Anonymous
1) are there actually girls out there who make an effort to make things last and genuinely love the other individual?. (She really didn’t seem to show any love at all)

3)I’m skinny and tall and don’t have the ideal body girls really want. Will this essentially make me undesirable?

1) Yes.
2) Plenty of ways, you've just got to talk to them and find someone who you're compatible with.
3) Not really. If it bothers you, you could always start lifting weights at the gym.
Reply 2
1. Yes of course there are, you seem to be generalizing all girls to be like this one online.
2. Just talk to girls, and be friendly towards them. Also be yourself, dont try to be someone your not to impress a girl.
3. No. There is nothing wrong with being skinny and tall. Most girls probably wont care, as long as you have a good personality.

It sounds like you have some self esteem issues, which I think you should work out before trying to get a girlfriend.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So first of all I am almost 17 and I have never had a gf before. The reason is down to my parents being the strict type while also enforcing focus on education. So I didn’t really see any way of me having one.

So because I was really curious and interested I ended up finding someone online(dumb idea) and let’s just say she wasn’t right for me and made me really miserable. And it’s worse because I did everything I could but she never made much of an effort. So it broke off.

The reason I’m writing this is because well.. I have a few questions.

I’m sorry if the questions are stupid, I just had a really terrible experience and since it was my first time I’m not really optimistic about finding someone who is caring, kind and genuinely has feelings for the other individual and doesn’t play any stupid games.

1) Yes plenty of girls are, you only came across one example :smile:, stereotypically speaking i've seen more boys look for a less serious and caring relationship than girls, but it depends on the individual.
2) Usually in real life so maybe go out more often (not saying that you don't) or you could find ppl on online dating websites but it can be tough.
3) Most girls are really attracted to tall boys, also if they reject u for what you physically look like they aren't right for you. Height cannot be changed and you probably have a fast metabolism (like me) so it isnt ideal for gaining weight and you shouldnt have to in order to attract someone else
1.) Yes there are ik a lot irl and I know some on TSR
2.) There isn't really a way you can look for them but you will come across them eventually
3.) Personally that is my type I don't like the bulky muscly type
Don't worry these aren't stupid you just need more confidence in yourself and the right girl :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending