Lose 3-4 stone in 3 months?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’m a 19 year old male, weighing just under 14 stone. I’ve had a really rough time recently but i’m starting to get back on my feet and i want to start to lose weight and become slim again for university in september. Does anyone have any tips to lose weight ASAP??
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Fasting/eating one meal a day and regular activities like running would probably be your best bet
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m a 19 year old male, weighing just under 14 stone. I’ve had a really rough time recently but i’m starting to get back on my feet and i want to start to lose weight and become slim again for university in september. Does anyone have any tips to lose weight ASAP??
Only eating between 11am-5pm
And those meals being like smaller portions than normal
And lots of water cause it’s just good in general
Chloe ting workout
BUT IT DOESNT MATTER CAUSE YOURE STILL BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Okay )
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Your expectations are way off.
It's near impossible to loose 3-4 stone in 3 months.
Really you should be aiming to loose around 2ibs /week max.
Unless your very short, 10 stone may not be a 'healthy' weight.
Why do you feel the need to loose this much weight?
Last edited by glassalice; 4 months ago
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Calculate your tdee firstly.
Then cut the calories by around 500 per day.
You need to use 3500 calories to lose 1lb of fat.
Trying to lose 4 stone in three months would take your intake to levels that are harmful to your health most likely. You should up your exercise, cut out junk food and sugar and aim to eat fresh healthy food.
If you lose 2-3lbs per week then you are more likely to keep it off and sustain a healthier lifestyle.
In theory you could crash diet and lose it but you will put it all back on and possibly more as you and your body cannot stick to such an unhealthy diet.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Fast weight loss is dangerous. Slow is better.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The only guidance anyone can give you is to pretty much be consistent in what you do, although your initial goals are way too ambitious.
Anonymous #1
Only eating between 11am-5pm
And those meals being like smaller portions than normal
And lots of water cause it’s just good in general
Chloe ting workout
BUT IT DOESNT MATTER CAUSE YOURE STILL BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Okay )
Hahah thank you! I wish i felt that way
Anonymous #1
(Original post by glassalice)
Your expectations are way off.
It's near impossible to loose 3-4 stone in 3 months.
Really you should be aiming to loose around 2ibs /week max.
Unless your very short, 10 stone may not be a 'healthy' weight.
Why do you feel the need to loose this much weight?
Because i’m overweight and i’m just not happy and comfortable in my body
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Calculate your tdee firstly.
Then cut the calories by around 500 per day.
You need to use 3500 calories to lose 1lb of fat.
Trying to lose 4 stone in three months would take your intake to levels that are harmful to your health most likely. You should up your exercise, cut out junk food and sugar and aim to eat fresh healthy food.
If you lose 2-3lbs per week then you are more likely to keep it off and sustain a healthier lifestyle.
In theory you could crash diet and lose it but you will put it all back on and possibly more as you and your body cannot stick to such an unhealthy diet.
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Fast weight loss is dangerous. Slow is better.
I’ll try to keep consistent!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CG88)
If you have face book look up teamrh.
Your body doesn't care what time you eat so dooesnt matter if you eat at 5pm or 10pm.
Whar matters is that your in a caloric deficit. This means eating less cals than you burn. You need to do resistance training not just cardio and aim to get about 15k steps a day. Your body needs every food group so stick to 80/20 rule. 80% nutrient dense food, 20% whatever you want, cake, chocolate anything as long as it is in your calorie allowance for the day. U need someone trained to work out ur calorie allowance and what your macros (protien, fibre, fat and carbs) should be each day.
I highly recommend team rh. No nonsense fat loss where every food is allowed even cake and chocolate!
Not an affiliate just a member
Thank you! I’ll have a look over the website
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Because i’m overweight and i’m just not happy and comfortable in my body
How tall are you?
I doubt that you are actually that overweight.
How do you know that loosing 3-4 stone will make you feel better about yourself?
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I think your goals are a bit ambitious

Ive halved my portions during lockdown and adapted a lower carb diet. I still incorporate carbs such as bread in my meals but not as much as I used to. E.g I’ll have half a toast for breakfast instead of a full toast. At night - no bread pasta rice or any of the sort. I stick to vegetables and a side of protein. I live in a cultural household so sometimes I even make a low fat chicken breast curry (no added yoghurts, creams or milks) and have it with a salad. It’s honestly a complete lifestyle change. First you’ll feel sick and you’ll feel like throwing up but eventually your body gets used to it. You also need to exercise (try walking, speed walking, then progressing to jogging) but even if you don’t exercise you can still lose weight by portion control. It really does make a difference.
Last edited by Fermion.; 4 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
Hahah thank you! I wish i felt that way
It’s okay everyone feels insecure!
You just gotta work on your confidence!
Because you’re BEAUTIFUL OKAYYYY
) 😂
Anonymous #1
How tall are you?
I doubt that you are actually that overweight.
How do you know that loosing 3-4 stone will make you feel better about yourself?
About 5 foot 8-9
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Fermion.)
I think your goals are a bit ambitious

Ive halved my portions during lockdown and adapted a lower carb diet. I still incorporate carbs such as bread in my meals but not as much as I used to. E.g I’ll have half a toast for breakfast instead of a full toast. At night - no bread pasta rice or any of the sort. I stick to vegetables and a side of protein. I live in a cultural household so sometimes I even make a low fat chicken breast curry (no added yoghurts, creams or milks) and have it with a salad. It’s honestly a complete lifestyle change. First you’ll feel sick and you’ll feel like throwing up but eventually your body gets used to it. You also need to exercise (try walking, speed walking, then progressing to jogging) but even if you don’t exercise you can still lose weight by portion control. It really does make a difference.
I will try to incorporate some more healthier lifestyle changes
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
About 5 foot 8-9
Ah OK, according to the NHS calculator you are overweight. A 'healthy' weight for your height is anything between 9 stone - 11 stone.
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...mi-calculator/
Mojmeer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I just had to google "stone" as a weight unit. Would not expect that to be used by someone who is 19 in 2020
Anonymous #1
Ah OK, according to the NHS calculator you are overweight. A 'healthy' weight for your height is anything between 9 stone - 11 stone.
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...mi-calculator/
Yeah i think 10 stones is a good compromise
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mojmeer)
I just had to google "stone" as a weight unit. Would not expect that to be used by someone who is 19 in 2020
I’ve always been raised to use stones, i find kg weird
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.21%
I'm not sure (27)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.61%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.01%
I'm not a current university student (285)
47.66%

Watched Threads