The Student Room Group

How to deal with ghosting

Hi everyone, suppose I need to offload my feelings at the moment.

I am 24 year old male and for quite a few years i've put off dating and relationships as I suppose I haven't been able to find anyone I feel comfortable with. Recently I met this girl online and it felt like we clicked immediately. For a few weeks we've chatted and everything seems perfect, and she even seemed really into me. I couldn't believe the connection and it felt genuine so I kind of loosened up a bit.

We were talking again last night and she told me she had to go but would be back. However she was online for awhile throughout the night, replying to other messages and even changing her profile photo but never got back to me. I sent her a message which was ignored.

I just feel like absolute crap at the moment seeing as how I finally opened up to someone and I just feel disappointed that she wouldn't message me back. Nothing bad was said so I don't see the reason for it. Obviously I don't excpect to be entitled to a response from her, but I just feel like an idiot that she now wants to blank me and would have at least preffered to been told the truth rather than led on (which it feels like).

I honestly saw myself considering taking our friendship further (as did she) but if, and when she gets back I don't really know how to address this. I feel foolish for raising it and personally seeing it as a problem which would just cause more issues, but for some reason I feel extremely disappointed over it.

Any suggestions as to what I can do?
leave her!! Shes playing with you, or shes playing hard to get in either case leave her. She drc bout you
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

I am 24 year old male and for quite a few years i've put off dating and relationships as I suppose I haven't been able to find anyone I feel comfortable with. Recently I met this girl online and it felt like we clicked immediately. For a few weeks we've chatted and everything seems perfect, and she even seemed really into me. I couldn't believe the connection and it felt genuine so I kind of loosened up a bit.

We were talking again last night and she told me she had to go but would be back. However she was online for awhile throughout the night, replying to other messages and even changing her profile photo but never got back to me. I sent her a message which was ignored.

I just feel like absolute crap at the moment seeing as how I finally opened up to someone and I just feel disappointed that she wouldn't message me back. Nothing bad was said so I don't see the reason for it. Obviously I don't excpect to be entitled to a response from her, but I just feel like an idiot that she now wants to blank me and would have at least preffered to been told the truth rather than led on (which it feels like).

I honestly saw myself considering taking our friendship further (as did she) but if, and when she gets back I don't really know how to address this. I feel foolish for raising it and personally seeing it as a problem which would just cause more issues, but for some reason I feel extremely disappointed over it.

Delete the message you sent and block her. Then try to forget about her.
There can be many reasons as to why she didn’t reply last night. Honestly, the person who can give you the answer is her.
It’s not a problem to send another message. If she doesn’t reply then it’s also ok to ask if there’s something wrong.
Deal with it head on rather than tormenting yourself with ifs and buts.
Hopefully it works out ok for you

Confront her about it and tell her how you feel, that you don't have time for games. Maybe she does like you too but thinks games are the way to make you want her more. This should put an end to that.
She might be in that place where shes not sure whether to take it further or not herself, so retracts away. Perhaps she got ghosted herself in the past, and doesnt want to risk it happening again and is shying away. Or she may be a total b**** that likes to do this.. Maybe she likes you too, but doesnt want to pursue just an online thing.
All you can is be honest, say you would like to go on a date or something and if shes not up for that, to be honest back, and just take it back to friends level again. Then at least you know where you stand, without jumping in too deep.
Reply 6
Thanks for the replys all and suggestions which i've tried to take to heart.

Afraid I still haven't heard anything, so i'll leave it until the morning. If she gets back to me i'll be honest with her otherwise if I don't i'll just take the hint and move on.
Thanks for the replys all and suggestions which i've tried to take to heart.

Afraid I still haven't heard anything, so i'll leave it until the morning. If she gets back to me i'll be honest with her otherwise if I don't i'll just take the hint and move on.

Hopefully you don’t get hurt. It’s horrible when you invest and this happens I’m sure.
Take care
Reply 8

But, you have to understand that you did not actually know this girl. All you had was a "connection ". People sometimes go online for all sorts of reasons. How do you know "she felt the same '? Because she said so? Lower you expectations a bit of people you don't know. If you feel there is a connection arrange to meet up or facetime as soon as possible. If not then that should be a red flag for you!
If you know that someone with whom you had a connection with is now ignoring you then you should never ever chase them. Why would you want to link up with someone who has such bad manners? And you cannot make someone like or love you- its their choice, but you can insist that people treat you with respect or you will leave or take appropriate action to deal with the disrespect!
Reply 9
So you were talking and she said she would be back later? Then you getbupset because she doesn't respond that night?

Maybe she wanted to talk the next day when she wasn't tired. To me it looks like you're making a big deal out of nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending