exams 17
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey so I worked out my degree average as 63.15 (awaiting final confirmation by externals)

A bit nervous as one of the assignment feedback was released early June and the class average was 69.2, but I checked last night just out of curiosity and it was 68.5. Does that mean everyone's average went down??

Also whilst the assessment was due mid May, some people got further extensions to the end of May due to the ongoing pandemic. So maybe the average for the class got updated?

I could be over thinking this, but I just want to double check and ask for advice. Sorry to be a bother, just get anxious with these things.

Any help is appreciated!!
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by exams 17)
Hey so I worked out my degree average as 63.15 (awaiting final confirmation by externals)

A bit nervous as one of the assignment feedback was released early June and the class average was 69.2, but I checked last night just out of curiosity and it was 68.5. Does that mean everyone's average went down??

Also whilst the assessment was due mid May, some people got further extensions to the end of May due to the ongoing pandemic. So maybe the average for the class got updated?

I could be over thinking this, but I just want to double check and ask for advice. Sorry to be a bother, just get anxious with these things.

Any help is appreciated!!
I think its most likely just the average after students with extensions marks got added, they wouldn't update your mark until after the exam board finalised results imo.

Even if 1 assignment did get marked down its highly unlikely your classification will be moved far, 3% over the course of a degree is unheard of, you will be fine.
exams 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mnot)
I think its most likely just the average after students with extensions marks got added, they wouldn't update your mark until after the exam board finalised results imo.

Even if 1 assignment did get marked down its highly unlikely your classification will be moved far, 3% over the course of a degree is unheard of, you will be fine.
Yeah that's what I was thinking just wanted a second opinion, I really appreciate your response!!
exams 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My overall average stayed at 63 so officially graduating with a 2:1 - delighted!! Thanks for all your help!
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by exams 17)
My overall average stayed at 63 so officially graduating with a 2:1 - delighted!! Thanks for all your help!
Congrats!
Amazing achievement, make sure to celebrate :rofl3:
exams 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by mnot)
Congrats!
Amazing achievement, make sure to celebrate :rofl3:
Thanks so much I definitely will!! 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads