The Student Room Group

Does threading hurt

Does it? More than waxing?

Scroll to see replies

They both hurt but waxing is over quicker.
Yeah, it's uncomfortable. I haven't tried waxing so can't compare.
Reply 3
Original post by black tea
Yeah, it's uncomfortable. I haven't tried waxing so can't compare.

Uncomfortable? What do u mean, is the pain bearable? Also apparently you get used to the pain? 🤔
Original post by Anonymous
Does it? More than waxing?

Yes threading hurts more than waxing. With waxing the process is over in a jiffy but threading it takes a while. Whilst threading don’t move around a lot and you’ll feel less pain.
It depends on your pain threshold but I woukd take waxing over threading any day. I've tried threading and holy crap it hurt so much. I can't stand it.
However, if I pluck a little first and then start threading, i find it doesn't hurt as much.
Uncomfortable? What do u mean, is the pain bearable? Also apparently you get used to the pain? 🤔

It actually depends a lot on who is doing it - some people do it much more painfully than others. It's more uncomfortable than painful, I would say, and definitely bearable.
Reply 7
Original post by black tea
It actually depends a lot on who is doing it - some people do it much more painfully than others. It's more uncomfortable than painful, I would say, and definitely bearable.

Good, cos I’m too scared to wax cos that is painful 😰
Reply 8
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Yes threading hurts more than waxing. With waxing the process is over in a jiffy but threading it takes a while. Whilst threading don’t move around a lot and you’ll feel less pain.

I’m confused you said that it hurts more that waxing but you’ll feel less pain? 🤔😂
Reply 9
Original post by lazerbeem
It depends on your pain threshold but I woukd take waxing over threading any day. I've tried threading and holy crap it hurt so much. I can't stand it.
However, if I pluck a little first and then start threading, i find it doesn't hurt as much.

Ok ty. Omg proud of you for waxing it is soooo painful especially on upper lip 😱😱😱
If I was to rate my pain for both waxing and threading, I’d say waxing 4 out of 10 and threading around 6 out of 10. Threading makes my eyes water though, which I hate lol
(edited 3 years ago)
I don't actually find waxing that painful...
I think It depends on the person and how much pain they are okay with. For me, threading was horrendous but waxing doesn't hurt me. But my friend who is all about beauty swears that threading is the best thing you can do.
Ok ty. Omg proud of you for waxing it is soooo painful especially on upper lip 😱😱😱

Ooo I'm not brave enough to wax my upper lip yet. I want to but I'm scared of getting a tache rash 😭
I’m confused you said that it hurts more that waxing but you’ll feel less pain? 🤔😂

If you don’t move around quite a lot. Though it’s dependent upon an individuals pain threshold.
I've had my eyebrows threaded once, in the middle of a shopping centre, and by the end I was sitting with tears running down my face (my eyes were watering I wasn't actually crying haha) and that was 9 years ago and I have not been back since. And I never, ever will. It hurt so much.

Having said that, my brows were amazing afterwards!
Original post by lazerbeem
Ooo I'm not brave enough to wax my upper lip yet. I want to but I'm scared of getting a tache rash 😭

Same tbf what do you wax then? 😂
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I've had my eyebrows threaded once, in the middle of a shopping centre, and by the end I was sitting with tears running down my face (my eyes were watering I wasn't actually crying haha) and that was 9 years ago and I have not been back since. And I never, ever will. It hurt so much.

Having said that, my brows were amazing afterwards!

Ahhh 😱😱😱. So what do u do to ur eyebrows now?
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
If you don’t move around quite a lot. Though it’s dependent upon an individuals pain threshold.

So I just move a lot? Sorry I’m so confused lol 😰😂
Same tbf what do you wax then? 😂

My brows, my legs, my underarms :smile:

Quick Reply