Adil1870
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi, I’m in Year 12 and looking at unis to apply to. I’m thinking about doing a degree in Social Work at BCU South Campus, but I’ve seen mixed reviews of it. Something that’s repeated is that the campus has virtually no student union presence, since it’s all in the City Centre campus. I’d really like to be part of a society, but it sounds like I won’t get much at the South campus. Also, multiple reviews have said that the teachers don’t care about students, don’t offer support, and the tech is very unreliable.

Could anyone on here whose studies at South give me their honest experience? The negative reviews could be true, or they could be exaggerated, idk.

Also, this might be a stupid question, but would I have access to other campuses within BCU? Cuz it seems like the main place to be is the City Centre one, and I don’t want to miss out on the uni experience.

Sorry, ik this is an essay and a half, but thanks in advance.
Last edited by Adil1870; 9 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adil1870)
Hi, I’m in Year 12 and looking at unis to apply to. I’m thinking about doing a degree in Social Work at BCU South Campus, but I’ve seen mixed reviews of it. Something that’s repeated is that the campus has virtually no student union presence, since it’s all in the City Centre campus. I’d really like to be part of a society, but it sounds like I won’t get much at the South campus. Also, multiple reviews have said that the teachers don’t care about students, don’t offer support, and the tech is very unreliable.

Could anyone on here whose studies at South give me their honest experience? The negative reviews could be true, or they could be exaggerated, idk.

Also, this might be a stupid question, but would I have access to other campuses within BCU? Cuz it seems like the main place to be is the City Centre one, and I don’t want to miss out on the uni experience.

Sorry, ik this is an essay and a half, but thanks in advance.
Hey I’m in the same situation as you. Ppl say that city centre is the best but you would have to take a bus or taxi to get to city south campus. So what accom did end up deciding to go for?
Adil1870
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Wow, I wrote this thread a while ago 😆 I ended up having an interview with BCU and they rejected my offer. So I ain’t going there now. Planning on going Newman Uni to study Working with Children, Young people and families. It’s basically a less competitive version of social work. They have lower entry requirements, so less stress for me. Anyways, hope your uni stuff is going well.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adil1870)
Wow, I wrote this thread a while ago 😆 I ended up having an interview with BCU and they rejected my offer. So I ain’t going there now. Planning on going Newman Uni to study Working with Children, Young people and families. It’s basically a less competitive version of social work. They have lower entry requirements, so less stress for me. Anyways, hope your uni stuff is going well.
Oh righttt ah I’m hearing bcu r being stingy with their places but I’m glad to hear u have found another alternative! Sounds like good course tbh and if it’s less stress that’s calm. Thank you thooo and good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (73)
43.2%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (30)
17.75%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (63)
37.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.78%

Watched Threads