The Student Room Group

Did I just sound thirsty?

I have an online guy friend (27M), and we are on this forum where it's kind of like a community. Much like TSR.

I am a somewhat popular user, but not like a staple. Like I said one of the guys is an online friend of mine, the other one is someone I follow and he follows me back. We haven't had any interaction.

The question was "Who is your (insert forum) cutie pie?" the details of the question were users who are charming, and insightful, and analytical who basically deserve to be named.

this was my response "wouldn't call anyone "my Gag cutie pie" especially when I don't speak to one of these guys at all however, I've noticed both have interesting perspectives and pretty charming. (This is not a flirting tactic I promise lol)" Then I tagged both users names.

Both of them liked it, but never responded to it or thanked me personally

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Meh, I think you should be fine. They probably didnt think much of it.
Reply 3
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Meh, I think you should be fine. They probably didnt think much of it.

that kinda hurts :/ I dont care for the random guy but for my friend it sort of did
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
that kinda hurts :/ I dont care for the random guy but for my friend it sort of did

Did you want to sound thirsty?
If someone tagged me in something like that, I would thank them and thats probably it. Its a nice compliment that I would very much appreciate, but I wouldnt make a huge deal about it if you get what I mean.
Nah, you sounded Kirsty.
Reply 6
Did you want to sound thirsty?
If someone tagged me in something like that, I would thank them and thats probably it. Its a nice compliment that I would very much appreciate, but I wouldnt make a huge deal about it if you get what I mean.

lol nah, I didnt expect flowers and a proposal🤣
but yeah, a thank you would have been nice. The like was sort of effortless
Reply 7
Nah, you sounded Kirsty.

what?
what?

Kirsty and thirsty ryhmes.
Reply 9
lol nah, I didnt expect flowers and a proposal🤣
but yeah, a thank you would have been nice. The like was sort of effortless

Sometimes I use a rep or a 'like' as a thank you. It might just be their way of saying thanks?
I think you might be overthinking it a tad bit, but I do understand what your saying :lol:
Kirsty and thirsty ryhmes.

why are you on Anon?
Sometimes I use a rep or a 'like' as a thank you. It might just be their way of saying thanks?
I think you might be overthinking it a tad bit, but I do understand what your saying :lol:

In the past this same guy has tagged me in things, like "Most attractive users" tagged me with 2 other girls, he called me lovely about 2 weeks ago as well.

I've always said an appreciative thank you. Even in the past I've said nice things about him after he complimented me and he mentioned he was so flattered that he couldn't form words properly.

Anyway I get it, I'm overthinking but I'm still disappointed.
I have an online guy friend (27M), and we are on this forum where it's kind of like a community. Much like TSR.

I am a somewhat popular user, but not like a staple. Like I said one of the guys is an online friend of mine, the other one is someone I follow and he follows me back. We haven't had any interaction.

The question was "Who is your (insert forum) cutie pie?" the details of the question were users who are charming, and insightful, and analytical who basically deserve to be named.

this was my response "wouldn't call anyone "my Gag cutie pie" especially when I don't speak to one of these guys at all however, I've noticed both have interesting perspectives and pretty charming. (This is not a flirting tactic I promise lol)" Then I tagged both users names.

Both of them liked it, but never responded to it or thanked me personally

So you stated you wouldn't call anyone your "Cutie pie" yet tagged two guys and expected them to do what exactly? They liked your comment because they agree with your statement, and wouldn't call anyone their "Cutie pie" either.

"This is not a flirting tactic" Uhuh, and I'm Batman. You're upset because you vaguely hinted at something and didn't receive the response you were wanting. Next time be direct, you're meant to be an adult, act like one.
Reply 13
In the past this same guy has tagged me in things, like "Most attractive users" tagged me with 2 other girls, he called me lovely about 2 weeks ago as well.

I've always said an appreciative thank you. Even in the past I've said nice things about him after he complimented me and he mentioned he was so flattered that he couldn't form words properly.

Anyway I get it, I'm overthinking but I'm still disappointed.

Maybe hes just different about that?
Try not to get too worked up over it. Its just one user on an online forum :smile:
why are you on Anon?

Because I like to troll. Why are you?
Original post by --Student
So you stated you wouldn't call anyone your "Cutie pie" yet tagged two guys and expected them to do what exactly? They liked your comment because they agree with your statement, and wouldn't call anyone their "Cutie pie" either.

"This is not a flirting tactic" Uhuh, and I'm Batman. You're upset because you vaguely hinted at something and didn't receive the response you were wanting. Next time be direct, you're meant to be an adult, act like one.

Why so up your a**? Learn to speak respectfully next time please
Because I like to troll. Why are you?

Ahh ok. Because these are personal matters and I rather not have it on public
Ahh ok. Because these are personal matters and I rather not have it on public

Fair enough. Sorry, to troll your post.
Fair enough. Sorry, to troll your post.

lol so you dont really think I sound thirsty?
lol so you dont really think I sound thirsty?

No, you should be fine. They probably never thought much about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending