Reports of multiple stabbings in Forbury Gardens, Reading.

Watch
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://amp.lbc.co.uk/news/reading-i...mpression=true

There are reports of multiple people being stabbed in a park, with distressing video on social media showing four people on the floor as they are helped by medics and police.

There is a huge police presence and at least two air ambulances have landed near the scene in Forbury Gardens in Reading, Berkshire, on Saturday evening.

A Black Lives Matter protest had taken place at the park earlier in the day. There is no suggestion the incident is related to the protest.

Unconfirmed reports there are 3 deaths.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
Three people have died and two are in a critical condition, confirms the Telegraph.
Trotsky's Ghost
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sky News are reporting that it is believed to be terror related.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trotsky's Ghost)
Sky News are reporting that it is believed to be terror related.
I’ve seen that the anti-terror police have been dispatched.

Also a suspect is in custody.
Hellevator
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
**** off ISIS
Hudds999
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Libyan male arrested.
moso2203
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
really tragic news, thinking of those who are dead and injured. shameful to see people just recording it on snapchat, giving a commentary on the video while recording the victims being resuscitated. saying "you man thought it was a joke ting"

sky reporting that the suspect is a libyan man.

also seeing claims that it's an asylum seeker. if this is true, we really need to think about the asylum seekers who arrive to our country every single day (if not every week). the libyan war is terrible and britain played its role in causing and exacerbating the exodus of refugees, but this presents a big security problem, and i say that as a muslim /labour supporter myself - i believe the manchester attacker was also of libyan origin, although he was uk-born rather than being a refugee...

i'm looking at govt asylum seeker webpage rn and all it mentions is generous money given to them for their day to day living, plus nhs treatment and a place at school. is there any requirement for them to learn english or any sort of anti terorrism thing? surely there has to be *something* that is run for refugees who may be radicalised / easily radicalised
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Very very sad news.

My condolences to all those affected.
It goes without saying that folks would do well to remember to be respectful when discussing this issue.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thankfully all family are safe but still waiting to hear back from friends.

I’ve been to that park many times, my office overlooks it. Shocking to see this happening so close to home.
Hellevator
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
One of my friends who lives in the area has said they are save thankfully, what annoys me you have people who throw abuse at the police and say defund them, well the police were there tonight saving lives.
username5322498
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hellevator)
One of my friends who lives in the area has said they are save thankfully, what annoys me you have people who throw abuse at the police and say defund them, well the police were there tonight saving lives.
That does not make them immune to criticism. Good on the officers at the scene for doing their job, but that doesn't mean all of a sudden we shut down concerns about police brutality/systemic racism.
moso2203
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That is a US thing - in the UK, nobody is saying that (well, nobody relevant or with credibility - just importing things from America).
Hellevator
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by moso2203)
That is a US thing - in the UK, nobody is saying that (well, nobody relevant or with credibility - just importing things from America).
Some on my facebook have been saying it and they are in the UK
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How disrespectful can people get to be filming and then posting people being resuscitated? Thats sick to me.
fatiiana
Badges: 5
Report 3 weeks ago
I have a feeling you don't know what people mean by defund the police. People say it in America, and not here bc the way money is handled is different.
If you needed google to help you-
"Defund the police” means reallocating or redirecting funding away from the police department to other government agencies funded by the local municipality. That's it. It's that simple. Defund does not mean abolish policing"
This is bc in places funding is given to the police for them to manage and budget for things like community activities, and people want different officials to mange this money
They're not asking for Police to lose salary or to be abolished.
smh
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Terrible occurrence Can't quite believe it happened in Forbury though, so many summer holidays spent tossing about there
Hellevator
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hudds999)
Well then your friends are absolute ****ing cretins who have an IQ less than a ****ing sloth.
can't say I can call them friends anymore
Kitten in boots
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
How disrespectful can people get to be filming and then posting people being resuscitated? Thats sick to me.
Which then got tweeted so much on twitter that it's impossible to avoid seeing the clip.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
Which then got tweeted so much on twitter that it's impossible to avoid seeing the clip.
People are truly disgusting. I have absolutely no words for how gross it is that someone would ever think that is okay.
Braces
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
****ing awful what some are going through. Nobody deserves to get murdered and I hope killers face prison for the rest of the lives.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (37)
7.92%
Confident (63)
13.49%
Indifferent (65)
13.92%
Unsure (117)
25.05%
Worried (185)
39.61%

Watched Threads