The Student Room Group

PEOPLE WITH OCD - tell me I m not alone

I have been diagnosed with pure O OCD since I was 18. Probably had it my whole life. It’s not a soft one but neither up a serious degree. Now I m facing a harsher time and I m losing my mind. In some way you can, help me please
Original post by Anonymous
I have been diagnosed with pure O OCD since I was 18. Probably had it my whole life. It’s not a soft one but neither up a serious degree. Now I m facing a harsher time and I m losing my mind. In some way you can, help me please

Hello there,

I hear that you're struggling a lot at the moment with your OCD, it sounds like things are feeling much harder to cope with. I would advise to speak to your GP and see if there's anything they can offer in terms of support - whether it's medication, or a referral to therapy.

There are also lots of support services out there who might be able to listen if you feel you need to talk to someone about how you're feeling. Here's a few:
OCD UK run an advice line Mon-Fri
The Mix provide support to anyone under 25 4-11pm every day
Samaritans provide a listening service that is a 24/7 service

I understand that when people are going through a difficult time with mental health issues, sometimes this can mean they are also thinking about things like suicide. If you feel you need support with thoughts of suicide as well, then you can reach out to HOPELINEUK: call us on 0800 068 4141, text us on 07860 039 962, or email us at [email protected]

Best Wishes,

Pip :^_^:
i've had it since i was 11 :s-smilie:
I used to have slight OCD when I was was younger (about the ages of 12 to 16). I used to have to do things in doubling even number till it felt right otherwise I would feel off balance.

For example, I used to do a paper round where I once stubbed my shoe on the curb and it felt like I was so off balance that I had to kick the curb again and again so 2 then 4 then 8 and so on. I think i got to like kicking the curb 128 times before it felt right. That was when i was at my worst. Anything like an itch or a bump or anything that made me feel off balance was the worst.
I don't have OCD, but I have had 'traits' for most of my life.
When I walk past certain things especially at night, I get an intrusive image that comes into my minds eye of a monster with red glowing eyes.

When I get really stressed I also have to check my own eyes to make sure my pupils aren't too dilated and other peoples eyes to make sure they aren't red.

Quick Reply

Latest