The Student Room Group

Is English LANGUAGE A-level Hard?

I need advice on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all a levels are hard choose what you enjoy or look at the uni u want and choose BTECs trust me
If you don’t mind me asking, what did you get at GCSE? I did AQA A-Level English Language and it has been so helpful now I’m at uni- it has really helped my essays and arguments stand out. One half of the syllabus is really interesting theories (gender and language, child language etc) and the other half is Meanings and Representations, which most people find a little harder. The Meanings & Rep stuff will challenge you to think originally about texts, which won’t be easy but you will be very good at spotting patterns in texts and crafting an argument after Eng Lang A-Level :smile:
Someone said all A-levels are hard, and they are right. If you don't love the subjects that you pick they'll be even more hard to work through. I do English literature and language, as long as you have a passion for reading and enjoy literature as well as analysing it then you'll more than likely like it. Have a look at the different courses and specs to get the jist of what you will be studying.
Engslih requires a lot of reading and time and effort put into the course work too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending