Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else find exams really easy, but coursework too tedious to be bothered with it?

Like, I've seen about BTEC's and they're "Geared towards people who enjoy coursework" because it's 100% coursework, but I've yet to see or hear about any courses that are simply exam based.

Don't you think there should be a choice at GCSE level +, between doing totally exam based and totally coursework based courses?

Is it because exams are too easy, or is there another reason there are no / very little 100% exam courses?

ReputationRep:
    There was no coursework in my A-level maths.

ReputationRep:
    there was no coursework in my German AS and it is a choice at A2 - so pure exam based there.

ReputationRep:
    IGCSE's don't have coursework.

By the way, remember me? :love:

YOUR BIGGEST FAN!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    No coursework in business... :eek: (AS, OCR)

ReputationRep:
    There are some courses that let you do no coursework e.g. OCR GCSE English Lit, where you can do coursework or a third exam. And FSMQ Additional Maths is just one exam. But schools generally include the coursework option because on the whole people like to have something to fall back on and it relieves the pressure for the exams slightly.

ReputationRep:
    the english system pft!

ReputationRep:
    My RS exam was purely exam.
    But RS rocks that way. 'Coz it's easy.

AQA Economics A2 coursework or exam.

Although in reality its coursework as the exam module is not taught and its about the EU

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have coursework in AS Government & Politics or AS Sociology. Though I know there is an option for coursework in Sociology, but we did the Methods exam instead... most sinfully boring thing in existence.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.