Turn on thread page Beta

What will you do for your Bank Holiday? watch

The August Bank Holiday has started with traffic jams as Britons head off on short breaks. What are your plans?

Bad weather predictions and high fuel prices failed to deter motorists who jammed roads at the start of the long weekend.

A record two million people are expected to head for foreign hot spots, with 920,000 people due to fly from London, according to the Association of British Travel Agents.

A recent survey has suggested that most people in England, Wales and N Ireland will spend the Bank Holiday watching television - there is no long weekend in Scotland.

Will you go away for the Bank Holiday? How will you travel? Or do you prefer to stay at home over the long weekend?

Read the full story (on the BBC website)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    There's a bank holiday?

ReputationRep:
    I've been on holiday since the middle of June. How's this going to feel any different?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I've been on holiday since the middle of June. How's this going to feel any different?
    exactly :rolleyes:, well from May...

(Original post by arisk01)
    There's a bank holiday?
    :ditto: First I've heard of it :p: sadly I'll probably be working, as the holidays will be over in a week by that point :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Going to notting hill carnival in london

ReputationRep:
    Same thing I do every day...try to take over...I mean, work.

ReputationRep:
    Working, bah retail....... at least it's double time...

ReputationRep:
    I've got family staying, so a full house for me No chance of me going out.

ReputationRep:
    lol I am working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingaling)
    Working, bah retail....... at least it's double time...
    :ditto:

Although I only get paid the usual rate! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I shall be asleep getting over my weekend at the festival! Good times.

ReputationRep:
    Some of my family are coming down on Sunday.

On Monday, if the weather's nice I'll sit in the garden, read another 60 pages of Stalingrad and get horribly burnt again.

ReputationRep:
    Creamfields 2008!!

ReputationRep:
    recover from the night before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
    Some of my family are coming down on Sunday.

On Monday, if the weather's nice I'll sit in the garden, read another 60 pages of Stalingrad and get horribly burnt again.
    Good book. Have you read Berlin? Stalingrad is much better than Berlin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Good book. Have you read Berlin? Stalingrad is much better than Berlin.
    Oh I have a terrible track record with books! I'll probably end up re-starting Stalingrad at this rate.

No I do not have Berlin. I'll consider buying it once I've finished Stalingrad, which may take a while...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
    Oh I have a terrible track record with books! I'll probably end up re-starting Stalingrad at this rate.

No I do not have Berlin. I'll consider buying it once I've finished Stalingrad, which may take a while...
    Heh. I am the opposite... I read half of The Third World War: August 1985 yesterday (its good, written by a British Army General and friends)... I was reading a great book a few days ago called Orchid Fever, but I finished it in two days and was left most unsatisfied because of it. So taking your time *can* be a good thing!

ReputationRep:
    On Monday night, I may hit the town.

If the weather's good, I'll have a barbecue and Pimm's afternoon at the house.

ReputationRep:
    Paaaarttaaaay

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.