Family problem

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So im currently 17 and i have a boyfriend i have been with for a long time. He is older than me and i feel very happy in my relationship. However, my family do not support my relationship and constantly beat him down for no reason. I have tried listening to their issues but from my opinion and other peoples opinion it all comes from jealousy. Before i got into a relationship i wanted to move out for university at 18 because things at home were rough. Since entering into a relationship, my family have made it their mission to break my relationship apart. They are spiteful to my boyfriend and they are emotionally abusive to me. Theres no words to describe how bad it feels to be in this environment but i know that im not just a 17 year old who doesnt appreciate what she has. My mom and dad are seperated. Im from a middle eastern background so my dad would not be supportive at all if i wanted to move out. My mom and sister will definitely not support me either, they usually team up to make my day to day life difficult. Since my boyfriend and i will be attending the same uni we are thinking to get accomodation together. But im worried if my family can stop me from moving out at 18 or take any legal action against me and/or my boyfriend or in general make it difficult for me to move out.

Is that possible?

Sorry to anyone who had to read through that lol
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im so sorry to hear this :console:

They cannot take legal action once you are an adult.
I think it really comes down to two options you have to pick between- your ( toxic ) family, or your boyfriend.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Im so sorry to hear this :console:

They cannot take legal action once you are an adult.
I think it really comes down to two options you have to pick between- your ( toxic ) family, or your boyfriend.
Thank you for reading through all that. Im just worried they will disturb my peace once im out of the house. I plan on telling them i will move out but i just know that conversation will be my gateway to hell for a long time 😅
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for reading through all that. Im just worried they will disturb my peace once im out of the house. I plan on telling them i will move out but i just know that conversation will be my gateway to hell for a long time 😅
Good for you. Do what you need to for your mental health :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (94)
58.02%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (18)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (20)
12.35%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (12)
7.41%
I haven't started researching yet (9)
5.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.56%

Watched Threads