The Student Room Group

Refuse to share a room anymore - what are my choices?

So my brother went to visit his friends for a week, but he’s back today which means sharing a room with my selfish sister. She’s 19, I’m 17. Since I’m in year 12 I have three face-to-face lessons next week and loads of video calls with teachers, yet my sister is either out with her friends till 2am, sleeps over with them (which puts our mum at risk of the virus when she has cancer, so I’m 90% sure I’m not even going to school), keeps me up till 2am making tiktoks anyway and her presence just angers me. I sound dramatic ik, but it’s just little things like not cleaning up her rubbish, keeping the window shut when it’s so warm and sunny, eating sour cream and onion crisps while the window is shut...anyway for other reasons I can’t stay here anymore, so what are my alternatives? I’m working at A*s and I’m not about to throw my grades away over this girl who dropped out.
Reply 1
Please
Reply 2
Are there even any other possible rooms?
Reply 3
Original post by Bio 7
Are there even any other possible rooms?

Well no, but I was thinking of moving in with a relative
Reply 4
Why is she bothering to stay, sounds like she doesn't care for sharing?
Reply 5
Original post by Bio 7
Why is she bothering to stay, sounds like she doesn't care for sharing?

I’m not sure. My family is VERY bad at communicating - last night I thought my sister was coming home at around midnight and because I have anxiety I stayed up waiting for her (my fault Ik) but then gave up and it turns out she slept over at her friend’s house and made my dad collect her at 7am. I guess I’m fed up of my siblings because my dad is like a taxi service to them - we lost a relative this week and he’s grieving, yet he drops my sister off at work (Asda) every weekday, is picking my brother up this afternoon from uni, has to take care of our nan and it’s just a huge mess and a burden on him. My parents seem to be so lenient towards them and strict on me, saying that if I moan about my sister being out then I’m not allowed to go to sixth form next week when it should be that she sleeps at a fair hour!?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending