English Language (GCSE)

Watch this thread
halpplez
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How much should you write for each question in an English language paper (roughly how many paragraphs)?
chibichibi_xx
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Which exam board are you doing?
halpplez
Rep:
(Original post by chibichibi_xx)
Which exam board are you doing?
AQA
GCSE_Rockstar32
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Quality over quantity.
To know what you should include in your answers for each question, I would suggest heading to AQA website on the Teacher Resources, where they explain what to include in each answer to get top marks.
Good Luck 😊
halpplez
Rep:
(Original post by GCSE_Rockstar32)
Quality over quantity.
To know what you should include in your answers for each question, I would suggest heading to AQA website on the Teacher Resources, where they explain what to include in each answer to get top marks.
Good Luck 😊
👌Will do
Thank you
chibichibi_xx
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I did my GCSEs two years ago so I can't remember exactly, but I did something like this (I wish I didn't get rid of my stuff but oh well it was **** compared to my final exam):
Paper 1:
1) list
2) two paragraphs
3) two/three paragraphs
4) four paragraphs (but I'd always run out of time so it would be 2/3)
Paper 2:
1) choosing four statements
2) two/three paragraphs (3 if I had time and could actually find three differences)
3) three paragraphs
4) four paragraphs (again I never had enough time so barely did three)

I SUCKED at English all through high school, so I was pretty surprised when I opened my results and got 9 in lit and 8 in lang (I'd never get above a 6). My mind's a bit rusty, so this is what I can remember. I always ran out of time because I could never ******** my way through which is essentially the key in English (I had a closed mind so when it came to effect on reader, connotations I'd have NOTHING and I'd just repeat the same thing over and over).
chibichibi_xx
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GCSE_Rockstar32)
Quality over quantity.
Good Luck 😊
Defo quality over quantity - I knew people who used multiple answer booklets in their lit exams and still barely passed, but I only used just over half and got a 9. I just never got how people can write so bleeding much in their exams it was crazy seeing them write and asking for more booklets.
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You write however much you believe is necessary for you to meet all the criteria at the top level of the mark scheme.

- T. E.
halpplez
Rep:
Thanks all
I'll keep it in mind- it's the starting that's the hardest for me, I'm just procrastinating at this point :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (65)
66.33%
No (25)
25.51%
I didn't use it to prepare (8)
8.16%

Watched Threads