The Student Room Group

Eating Jelly straight of packet

Do other people do this, as in eat Jelly without cooking/freezing it? Like just eating the blocks of Jelly straight from the packet...

I've heard that you can a lot of calories doing that since you're not eating the dilute version of the Jelly but intaking all the fat.

Anyway, what's your opinion of this? I'm eating a packet of strawberry Jelly right now, yumm :colone:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i do very very occasionally
its very nice!!! but very unhealthy i would imagine...
I would make the jelly, then you get about 100X more!!!!
I used to do this ALL the time when I was a kid, like every tesco shop, i made mother get me a block of jelly that I'd devour when it cake home, I couldn't really be arsed with all the diluting and fridging. I thought it was really yummy, but looking back, no.
Reply 4
I used to do it occasionally, was really nice. It tastes nicer than diluted jelly.
Reply 5
Mmm yeah! I used to do it all the time. Its full of gelatine, makes your nails strong
Reply 6
I've never tried it :eek: But i remember all my friends saying it was amazing. I'm defo gonna pick some jelly up tomorrow when i go shopping :smile:
Reply 7
Try putting the whole thing in your mouth and eating it. I did it once, tried to man up and swallow most of it, got it half way down then it sort of expanded and made its way back up. Kinda hurt.
Reply 8
ergh it takes like crap. loads of people used to bring it in at school and eat it.. random.
Reply 9
Mmm I used to do it cos my grandma would give us packets of it. She even has a 'larder' which looks like she's stocking up for WW3! It's full of weird and wonderful food like this, yum.
Reply 10
I think it is better diluted.
Reply 11
haha i used to love eating great hunks of blackcurrant jelly from the packet.
i well fancy some now actually wahaha
Reply 12
I forgot all about this. Thanks.
Reply 13
xJessx
Mmm I used to do it cos my grandma would give us packets of it. She even has a 'larder' which looks like she's stocking up for WW3! It's full of weird and wonderful food like this, yum.

Hahaha that just brought up a brilliant memory of going into my Nan's pantry after asking for a sugar cube. I just used to eat a sugar cube when I went round. Random. But seriously, that place was magical.
Reply 14
It tastes much better diluted and made into proper jelly imo.
You can buy pre made real jelly you know
but it's not as concentrated... but I think it's hartleys who do that or rowntrees it's YUMMYY.
Robob
Try putting the whole thing in your mouth and eating it. I did it once, tried to man up and swallow most of it, got it half way down then it sort of expanded and made its way back up. Kinda hurt.

hahahahhaa whoever invented the phrase 'man up' should be both shot, and congratulated

he has inspired such tomfoolery, which is done for no other reason other than to get one-up on a friend - to whom you can then say 'man up'

:biggrin:
didnt even know you could eat jelly just like that, hmmm, might have to try it lol
Reply 19
Ew

Quick Reply

Latest