Eating Jelly straight of packet

Watch
username130457
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Do other people do this, as in eat Jelly without cooking/freezing it? Like just eating the blocks of Jelly straight from the packet...

I've heard that you can a lot of calories doing that since you're not eating the dilute version of the Jelly but intaking all the fat.

Anyway, what's your opinion of this? I'm eating a packet of strawberry Jelly right now, yumm
freeforever
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i do very very occasionally
its very nice!!! but very unhealthy i would imagine...
member188279
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would make the jelly, then you get about 100X more!!!!
kookoo_koochoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I used to do this ALL the time when I was a kid, like every tesco shop, i made mother get me a block of jelly that I'd devour when it cake home, I couldn't really be arsed with all the diluting and fridging. I thought it was really yummy, but looking back, no.
crypt0r
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I used to do it occasionally, was really nice. It tastes nicer than diluted jelly.
MoonFace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mmm yeah! I used to do it all the time. Its full of gelatine, makes your nails strong
becky.fm
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've never tried it :eek: But i remember all my friends saying it was amazing. I'm defo gonna pick some jelly up tomorrow when i go shopping
Robob
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Try putting the whole thing in your mouth and eating it. I did it once, tried to man up and swallow most of it, got it half way down then it sort of expanded and made its way back up. Kinda hurt.
Alison267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ergh it takes like crap. loads of people used to bring it in at school and eat it.. random.
xJessx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mmm I used to do it cos my grandma would give us packets of it. She even has a 'larder' which looks like she's stocking up for WW3! It's full of weird and wonderful food like this, yum.
Plato123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think it is better diluted.
sssjay
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
haha i used to love eating great hunks of blackcurrant jelly from the packet.
i well fancy some now actually wahaha
david17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I forgot all about this. Thanks.
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by xJessx)
Mmm I used to do it cos my grandma would give us packets of it. She even has a 'larder' which looks like she's stocking up for WW3! It's full of weird and wonderful food like this, yum.
Hahaha that just brought up a brilliant memory of going into my Nan's pantry after asking for a sugar cube. I just used to eat a sugar cube when I went round. Random. But seriously, that place was magical.
Krazof
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It tastes much better diluted and made into proper jelly imo.
manderlay in flames
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You can buy pre made real jelly you know
kookoo_koochoo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
but it's not as concentrated... but I think it's hartleys who do that or rowntrees it's YUMMYY.
ifyouwannaberalphslover
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Robob)
Try putting the whole thing in your mouth and eating it. I did it once, tried to man up and swallow most of it, got it half way down then it sort of expanded and made its way back up. Kinda hurt.

hahahahhaa whoever invented the phrase 'man up' should be both shot, and congratulated

he has inspired such tomfoolery, which is done for no other reason other than to get one-up on a friend - to whom you can then say 'man up'

Bear_Grylls
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
didnt even know you could eat jelly just like that, hmmm, might have to try it lol
lidskoo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ew
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (8)
4.85%
Confident (14)
8.48%
Indifferent (16)
9.7%
Unsure (40)
24.24%
Worried (87)
52.73%

Watched Threads