Latin: Any ways to stretch myself?

Watch
Starfish_14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm currently doing GCSE Latin but I'd like to stretch myself a bit further. Would anyone know of some good vocab lists to learn over the summer or series of Latin idioms and phrases to increase my circle of competence?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The great Colebourn Latin Sentence and Idiom (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Latin-Sente.../dp/0862922658) is a good advanced syntax/idiom course, with its own vocab list.

You can also just try reading stuff, if you can find a good text guide that will explain syntax/idiom!

Good luck
Starfish_14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
The great Colebourn Latin Sentence and Idiom (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Latin-Sente.../dp/0862922658) is a good advanced syntax/idiom course, with its own vocab list.

You can also just try reading stuff, if you can find a good text guide that will explain syntax/idiom!

Good luck
PRSOM thanks!
french.learner
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Starfish_14)
I'm currently doing GCSE Latin but I'd like to stretch myself a bit further. Would anyone know of some good vocab lists to learn over the summer or series of Latin idioms and phrases to increase my circle of competence?
i did gcse latin and did the cambridge course- we got given at the start of year 11 the full vocabulary list with every word we would ever come across in the actual gcse. maybe this isnt 'stretching youself' but it would certainly be a good idea to maybe start learning the vocabulary thoroughly now (all the principle parts, any irregular verbs, pronouns, nouns etc? especially since you most likely havent got much to do at the moment since on lockdown. i would have definitely found that helpful before going into year 11 since no one would have bothered to do it over the summer
hope this helps ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (55)
28.8%
No - I have already returned home (24)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (43)
22.51%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (18)
9.42%
No - I live at home during term anyway (51)
26.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed